1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Is this real?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by SixString, Dec 6, 2011.

1. SixString

SixString

Jul 20, 2002
  2. Doesn't look "fake" to me. Nobody "thumbs up'd" the 'fake' comment.

3. wolffman

wolffman

Oct 2, 2008
    Philadelphia PA
    Beta Tester: Red Panda Labs
    never had a gt-10b but I don't hear or see anything that would make me doubt it's legitimacy

4. gastric

gastric Professional product tester for hire

Jun 8, 2009
    Raleigh, NC
    Source Audio BETA tester
    No reason it would be fake. I think the claims of fake are from the video editing @ 0:44 which causes the audio/video to be clearly out of sync for a while. But the sounds are reasonable from the GT-10B. I thought the manual sweeps @ 0:40 were way better than I recall ever getting out of the GT-10B but the rest sounds totally legit to me. Dual signal chain, fairly straight bass covering the low end, probably bass synth or touch-wah and effects doing the bulk. Just a guess.

The bigger question would be how many different dubstep type sounds can he squeak out of just the GT-10B beyond what you've just heard. Most of the envelope based filtering is up-swept and not particularly thick sounding out of the unit. I mean from a raw synth aspect. I have a GT-10B page with some synth samples, check my sig.

5. SixString

SixString

Jul 20, 2002
    I have been to your page haha thanks! I got a used 10B on ebay should be here by Thursday can't wait to waste hours of my life figuring that monster out ha.