1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Isolating Endpin from Floor

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by cjac9, Jun 12, 2012.

1. cjac9

cjac9

Apr 21, 2008
    San Antonio, TX
    I've heard a lot of guys talk about getting their amps off the floor so the endpin doesn't pickup vibrations from the floor. This is great as long as there aren't subs or other instruments vibrating the floor as well.

Wouldn't it make more sense to try to acoustically isolate the endpin from the floor?

Has anyone tried this? My guess is something similar to the Auralex Gramma but way smaller. Or maybe some certain type of very dense rubber that I could plant the endpin into.

Thanks,
    C

2. tappingtrance

tappingtrance Cooke Harvey Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2005
    i think you are right (although i have never had that problem) because the last thing I want to do is de-couple my bass rig from the floor.

3. neddyrow

neddyrow Captain of Team Orange Jacket

Apr 21, 2011
    Cortland, NY
    I got the bass ball from golihur and if you haven't seen it, it's just a rubber ball that screws to your endpin. It works great for me and I've played gigs with other bands where I had to plug into a GK head with 4-12"s and didn't have any problems. I'd try that. It's a pretty cheap alternative.