1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Issue with my boss GEB-7

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Robertjoel, Jan 5, 2012.

1. A few months ago I bought a GEB-7 EQ pedal off of ebay(obvious mistake), and it had been working great until last week. It went unused for maybe 2-3 weeks while I worked with only my amp's built-in EQ, and last week after buying a new bass and wanting to try it with my pedal, it didn't power on. I figured no big deal, just put a new battery in, but after doing that, the situation was the same.
    I know I made the wrong choice by buying from Ebay therefore forfeiting the Boss 5-year warranty, so now I'm wondering if anyone knows what the problem might be? It doesn't power on, and no sound runs through it at all.

Thanks in advance.

2. Mattbass97

Mattbass97

Apr 9, 2011
    Have you tried turning It on using the actual switch underneath the cover beside the battery?

3. tried that. When it was functioning sound could go through it clean without the power being on, now it's nothing at all. possibly the input/output?

4. sorry to state the obvious, but did you check your new battery to make sure it is good? I've made that mistake before, and once even had a new battery out of the package be a dud.

Failing that, you're going to have to open it up.

5. Mattbass97

Mattbass97

Apr 9, 2011
    If you open it up check for bad solder joints or a dirty circuit

6. I'll open it up later today(it's at my guitarist's house) and see if we can't find a bad point and possibly re-soder. If that's not it I guess I'll look into finding a place to take a look at it.

7. Mattbass97

Mattbass97

Apr 9, 2011
    Good idea, good luck!

8. So I pretty much completely disassembled it, and everything appears to be right...has anyone else had this issue or any more ideas? is it possible for a jack itself to blow/die?