Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

"It was a funny angle": Help on Curved Endpin

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by Nivaca, Jul 6, 2005.

1. Nivaca

Nivaca

Jan 8, 2005
    I followed some instructions posted on the net by Rabbath himself (here) and made my curved endpin: curved in a 44º angle.
    I used a 3/8'' aluminum rod, which bounces a little when I play. I will change it as soon as possible to a stainless steel one.

The change in stance is impressive. I feel very confortable when playing. It's a relief for my left thumb, hand and whole body. I endorse its use.

However, I got a question. Look at the pic I post (it's handpainted with Photoshop, so don't make fun of it).
    With respect to the floor, does the rod have to be perpendicular, or (as in my case) can it be in that "funny angle"?

Attached Files:

2. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Hmmm, I would think that having it like that would not cause any problems, except for alignment. I would think that that would rotate around a bit. Just make sure the mount is strong enough for the angled stree of that endpin.

3. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    It's going to angle at the point of balance.

Flatten the notch where the tightening screw hits the rod to keep it from twisting.

4. Nivaca

Nivaca

Jan 8, 2005
    But is it ok the way it's curved? Is the rod too long? What do you think?

5. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    Not if the bass is in a comfortable position.

6. PepeRomero

PepeRomero

Jul 5, 2005
    Thanks a lot! :)