It's a Boy!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Roundwound, Jul 28, 2005.

1. Roundwound

May 13, 2004
    Peoria, IL
    My 4th child (3rd son) was born at 6:15am this morning and weighed in at 7 pounds, 6 ounces, and is 20 inches long. He and mom are in great health. The other kids visited tonight and they loved on him. Man, what more can a dad ask for? Okay, maybe they all can start picking up instruments and we all can jam one day :D Any TB dads and moms here actually jam with their sons and daughters? How did it all happen?

(It might take a day or two for me to reply, since I'll be running between the hospital and home until Saturday.)
  2. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    I can see it coming the "Roundwound Family" singers, best thing to hit middle America since the "Osmund Brothers! :D Congrats!!!!
  3. TechZilla

Jun 18, 2005
    Owensboro, KY

I've got 6 year old twins. I'm just now starting to try to get them into music. It's going slowly, the attention span of a 6 year old is actually less than mine and that's bad.

Miniature instruments are a must (preferably shaped like Power Rangers and with built in candy dispensers). I got mine a mini squier strat and a mini 5 piece drum set. With a little patience and a lot of work I figure I can have my very own power trio in 10 to 12 years or so.

Kids want to be like their parents and we want our kids to be like us, but the fact of the matter is that the dedication it takes to learn to play won't come until they get a little older. For now we just have fun and I teach them what I can in the short time they're intrested.

Teach them to love music and the jamin will follow.

For now the Sleep Nazi says: "No SLEEP for you 1 year"

Congrats again.
  4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Congratulations! I will lose all respect for you if you don't name him Theotis.
  5. Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    congrats! any thoughts for the name? i say Thunderclease has a nice ring to it :D

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Excellent news. I am sure you don't need any suggestions on raising kids. :D

As for your son plays drums, my daughter plays guitar, and my wife plays keyboards. My son plays daily.

7. Roundwound

May 13, 2004
    Peoria, IL
    Hmmm...Theotis and Thunderclease...I'lll look into them . We've named him Aidan but I'm open to interesting nicknames for those tense moments over the years :D

5150, you must have fun jamming with your family. I bet it's good bonding time, too.

I'm replying from the TV internet at the hospital right now, so I'll write more later.
  8. Congrats! My 3rd son is due in September.

Kids are a blessing!!

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Congrats all the best with your new Son and young family. :)
  10. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I would say let the games begin but you allready have kids so you know what joys abound. :D

Way to go dad!!!

BTW I have a 15 year old son that plays bass and guitar. We jam together and write songs. We also have a drum set that has been getting a lot of attention from both of us lately.
  11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA

"Honey, you change the diaper!! I'm trying to check out this new Lakland, and reply to this thread I started right now." :D :D

12. UnsungZeros

UnsungZeros The only winning move is not to play.

Thats awesome man. Congradulations!
  13. eldave777

May 24, 2005
    I have three sons and a daughter also. In my case my daughter is the handfull of the bunch. My wife and I adopted our kids so I can't really relate to the whole hospital experience. Get plenty of rest so you can let your wife get rest and enjoy your newbie. Oh and perhaps a good nickname would be Apolo. There's just not enough Apolo's out there.
  14. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    4 kids!?!?!?

15. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Way to go Roundwound, heartfelt congrats and best wishes to you and your family.:)

My first is due in 7 months or so, and based on today's scans, it looks like it's going to be a boy.

It's pretty funny, seeing what that little pee-pee looks like. :D:D:D

I wish you the best of luck raising your newborn, that's my utmost of concerns right now, and I'm going to do everything I can to grow him into a respectful and respectable human being. :)
  16. Coutts_is_god

Coutts_is_god Guest

Dec 29, 2003
    Windsor, Ont, Canada
    You know one of his sons will steal the spot light with an over blown guitar solo. :D

17. Roundwound

May 13, 2004
    Peoria, IL
    Continued thanks on the well-wishes and advice! You guys are great. It's nice to see that a lot of you spend musical time with your kids. It's encouraging!

It was fun surfing talkbass for a few minutes on the hospital room's tv, but it cost me an hour surfing eBay for Gymboree clothes with my mother-in-law afterward (which was still a good thing I admit).

So far my 3-year old daughter has showed the most interest with bass. Every time I play, she plays with the strings. But we'll see how the VonRoundwound troupe turns out in a few years!