1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

It's fun to be new

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by iwannadie, May 28, 2012.

1. iwannadie

iwannadie

May 28, 2012
    Hi hi TB, I am new ha.

So, my name is george and I decided to learn to play the bass. I have no real musical background, I toyed with a guitar years ago but never actually learned to play so at 31 years old I bought a bass.

I went with a Fiesta red fender 50's re-poduction and hope it is a good bass, if it's not please feel free not to tell me ha. I don't have an amp yet, I was hoping to use a USB input device(Guitar link) but am having issues with my macs. I have to figure it out or just buy a cheapy practice amp.

I will be doing a lot of reading and lurking here and hopefully learning a lot along the way.

2. Barbablanca

Barbablanca

May 28, 2012
    Hi George, like you, I'm also a newbie and I'm also hoping to prove that you're never too old to learn the bass... only I've got a lot less time left than you to perfect my skills ;-)

Where in the world are you? I'm in darkest Catalonia ... well actually the sun is cracking the flags at the moment. :)

See you around,

Berni

3. iwannadie

iwannadie

May 28, 2012
    Hopefully it is true that you are never too old. I am already wondering if I will be able to memorize a single song let alone many gezz.

I am in Arizona where it is always just too hot and I want to stay in doors.

4. I'm 54 in 3 weeks and I started learning and playing in mid January. I bought a Squire P Bass package but I'm getting a 2012 Fender American Standard P Bass .... Figured I might as well get a really good Bass and stick with it:). Read a lot of books, having a couple of lessons a month, and lots of practice. Just got Rockschool Stage 3 new syllabus and I'm going to do that.... :). Haven't nailed one song all the way through yet but still persevering with it