1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

iTunes question

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by AmazingGracePlayer, Aug 18, 2007.

1. I ripped a CD via iTunes and now the tracks are in my library as .m4a. Is there a way to conver them to .mp3?

2. If you right-click on a music track in iTunes, there is an option to Convert Selection to some other format.

It probably says "Convert Selection to AAC", which is useless because your iTunes tracks are already in AAC format!

So click on Edit / Preferences / Importing (or Edit / Preferences / Advanced / Importing) then change the Import Using from the default setting to "MP3 Encoder". Click OK to save this setting.

No clue if that works, just copied and pasted it from a website.

Anyways... Boo iTunes!

3. Yeaup, thanks, that works, except I have to re-import my 20-some CDs, because it doesn't convert, it only applies when importing.

4. Hey, that's not true. You can convert all the stuff in your library. Just right click on them after you change your converter. Use "Select All" and then right click on one of them to convert all of them.

5. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    import them as MP3s...that way you don't have to convert them. :)

also change the bitrate to at least 192....

6. What's the bitrate do?

7. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
    the bitrate is the size/quality of the music file...the higher the bitrate...the higher the sound quality...the higher the file size

i tunes defaults at 128kbps....which is basically garbage....i always use at least 192 VBR....sometimes higher....

storage is so cheap now who cares if it takes up more room...

you can change all this in tools or options or preferances or something :)

8. middy

middy

Mar 14, 2007
    Texas
    291194341_5d141633c8_m.