1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

iTunes

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Disraeli Gears, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Disraeli Gears

Disraeli Gears

May 29, 2007
    Why is it taking me 15 minutes to rip a CD that Windows Media can rip in 47 seconds? :atoz:

2. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton valar morghulis Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    what format are you ripping to?
    what quality are you ripping to?
    do you have error correction on?

more over, why are you ripping the same cd twice?

3. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Because its converting to M4A??

4. Why does iTunes rearrange my internet favorites everytime I sync my iPhone?? :mad: :spit:

5. Disraeli Gears

Disraeli Gears

May 29, 2007
    I never used itunes until just recently, and even still I'm not knowledgable about this sort of thing, so I can't answer the first 3 questions; although one of them is probably the answer.

As for the 4th question, my comp had kind of a meltdown recently, so I have to re-rip all my music, and I figured since I have an ipod now I should use itunes.

6. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    Just don't use iTunes on a PC. It runs like crap and hogs a ton of resources. Winamp can synch to ipods just as well as iTunes, and it doesn't run like crap. You can also rip in winamp, straight to high quality MP3, or even FLAC or OGG.

7. Brim

Brim

Nov 20, 2005
    Sarasota, FL
    Get a Mac. Then run iTunes. You'll love it.

8. Alcyon

Alcyon

Jan 15, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    Now now Brim remember the get uppity if we tell them to do that. Or if we act condescending. Oops.

9. mrokern

mrokern TB's resident Rush freak

Jul 20, 2007
    Minneapolis, MN
    LOL

It is amazing how much cleaner iTunes and iPod / iPhone syncs work on a Mac.

10. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    +1.

11. selfblessed

selfblessed

Dec 29, 2006
    Phoenix, AZ
    +1=2 :smug:

12. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    As a dedicated PC user all my life:

Macbook + Iphone + Ipod is really fricking tempting.

13. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Just got an iPhone 3G yesterday. I couldn't run any of the 3rd party apps that I installed and Safari was shutting down on me. Turns out its a widespread problem (all over the macrumors forum) having something to do with how itunes handles DRM. Supposedly there will be a fix out Tuesday but until then I had to roll back to an older version of itunes and that worked.

Aside from that problem I also don't really care so much for the itunes interface or the itunes store layout. Playback of identical files does sound better than WMP when doing an A/B though.

bc

14. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    +1=3 :D