Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jaco - Teen Town

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Dick Them, Apr 4, 2005.

1. Dick Them

Dick Them

May 8, 2004
    Barcelona, Catalonia
    Endorsing Artist : Ampeg amplifiers
    Does anybody know where I could get the score ( no TAB ) from "Teen Town" for FREE from the Internet ? Thank you,

Dick Them

2. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Here:

lucaspickford.com

3. Vysous

Vysous

Mar 29, 2005
    Yeah, these pages are damn good! Transcribs from bunch of famous bassists. Great

4. I would highly recommend downloading "the amazing slow-downer" and trying to transcribe it by ear. I've just done this myself and can easily say it made learning the song a lot more productive. Because even though i learned the finger movements, i'm still unable to explain what it is he's doing. but at the very least transcribing it allowed me to improve my ear. Plus with that program (i should really be getting paid for this kind of publicity) i was able to learn the song, and then speed it up to try and keep up with him. it took a while, but it was a lot of fun. jaco...you give me so much knowledge of how far i have yet to go...

5. alx564

alx564

Jul 31, 2000
    Emmaus, PA
    Like Pacman suggested; lucaspickford.com The transcription on there is pretty spot on. I just recentely learned this song with my instructor and when we do tunes he just basically shows me how to play it once and then I have to remember it. Well needless to say this song was fairly difficult to just keep in my head and I used the transcription from lucas pickford and it was really helpful and as far I could tell pretty much correct. Some spots seemed a little strange to me but basically its perfect.

6. lowphatbass

lowphatbass ****

Feb 25, 2005
    west coast
    I would say unless you need to learn the song quickly for some reason, the most beneficial thing to do would be to learn it by ear. Yea, it's pretty fast to play at first, but you can still hear it well enough. Just keep listening to it, over and over and over again......keep practicing until you think you have it down pretty well, then look at the transcription ;)