Jaco Video

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Reason_D, Mar 18, 2005.

1. Reason_D

Mar 1, 2004
    How is this video for instructional purposes, Modern Electric Bass, Jaco Pastorius . I love Jaco, and I am sure I would like this video either way. I just want to know if this is one that I should get to have instructional lessons from Jaco, or just instructional inspiration from his performance.

Lemme know,

Thanks guys!
  2. The Reff

The Reff

Feb 11, 2004
    The video is nice - when you take in to consideration that it's made in 1986. Jaco is not in good shape, but he manages to show some good licks and some nice points of view on playing music.

And of course there's some nice performances with Kenwood Dennard on drums ( I think ) and John Scofield on guitar. Also there's some solo stuff.
  3. I heard they scooped him off the street and handed him some cash to make this vid.
  4. b-j

Nov 21, 2004
    All I can say is get it!!
    It's really sad to see Jaco in such bad shape on the video, but you can nonetheless get a lot out of it. He teaches/demonstrates a whole lotta theory and scales, etc. that I wouldn't have learnt if I hadn't seen it.
    It comes with a booklet with notation of almost everything that he plays - It's damn useful infact (as long you can read music :D).
    It's a must for any bass player out there. Go for it man!