1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

jamming online

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by drewphishes, Jul 30, 2019.

1. drewphishes

drewphishes Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2017
    anyone ever jammed with other people online? if so what did you use? how did you set it up?

2. By jammin, do you mean you want to play live at the same time with other people over the net? Not possible. Maybe wait for 5g.
    What is possible: if you just jam with ONE other human being or Some other human beings that are in the same room at the same time: you could listen to what they are playing and play your part and record both them and your playing. But they couldn't hear in real time what you're playing. You could send them the recording later.
    To make real jammin possible you would need to send signals in both directions with only a few miliseconds lag. And this isn't possible yet.

Reedt2000 likes this.
  3. MD

MD

Nov 7, 2000
    Marin Co. CA.
    I don't think that's possible.
    There's always Band in a Box.

4. Beersurgeon

Beersurgeon

Jul 16, 2010
    Denver
    I have been looking at this for years and haven't found a solution yet. I too want to be able to plug in and play with folks from around the world.

5. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Latency sucks..

Beersurgeon likes this.