Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

JAY TERRIEN

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Gregory Bruce Campbell, Jan 23, 2006.

1. Gregory Bruce Campbell

Gregory Bruce Campbell

Apr 14, 2002
    Helena, MT U.S.A 59602
    BEE basses, Morley pedals
    Jay Terrien's CD is SO AWESOME!!!! this is some seriously innovative stuff!!!

i will need to part ways with the cover before my children see it but what and outstanding peice of music my freind!

Jay, if you made this first pressing's cover a limited addittion...

and then made a censored cover that i could feel comfortable handing to my kids with no worries...

like an all black cover LOL

then i think you would be ABSOLUTELY REDICULOUSLY FAMOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

again, what and outstanding peice of music my freind!

2. Oh No!! A thread starting with the words "JAY TERRIEN". It has begun. Make it stop!! Ha ha!!

I had a great time hanging at the BEE Booth with you guys. You, Brady, and Paul should do some trio work together. Without question, I would suggest the use of the Croatian sensation, Levon Levan as your producer. LOL!! Dude, just put my CD in the Levon Levan jewel case. ;)

GBC, thanks for the kind words regarding the record!!
    Your new Derby record ("Third Time's A Charm") is smokin' too! Here are some other "reviews":
    http://grasstain.com/jayterriennewrecord_index.htm

FYI, if anyone is interested in checking out this record, you can find it at the following locations:
    The Discipline Global Mobile Shop (http://www.nexternal.com/dgm/Product792), The Vermont Music Shop (http://www.vermontmusicshop.com/index.php?i=cd558), CD Baby (http://cdbaby.com/cd/terrien), and other fine retail outlets!

YOU RULE! FEAR THE DOLLS!

;)

3. Garry Goodman

Garry Goodman

Feb 26, 2003
    I was fortunate enough to eat at the same table as Jay in a popular Italian restaurant.

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Jay, your talents terrify me and I'm quite positive your a demon. I'm be sure of this conclusion once the urine samples get back from the lab.

5. Tilly,

Ha ha!! LOL. That's what they said about Barry Bonds!

;)

6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    BASS ROIDS!!! I knew they exsisted!!

... now I just gotta find where to buy them. ;)

7. jeff schmidt

jeff schmidt no longer red carded, but my butt is still sore.

Aug 27, 2004
    Novato, CA
  8. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Jay Terrien=Christopher Meloni on bass
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

;)

9. Gregory Bruce Campbell

Gregory Bruce Campbell

Apr 14, 2002
    Helena, MT U.S.A 59602
    i set the disc on random today to find like a kazillion blank tracks...

i'm going to half to see whats up...

man i LOVE this CD!!!

if you do not have a copy...

as i said the cover art will give you a heart attack as in you will laugh so hard you will have a hard attack or you will be so offended you will die from the shock...

and the CD is so darn good!

i drive 3 hours round trip tomorrow for a pair of private lessons...

i am gonna dig into this disc!

10. Gregory Bruce Campbell

Gregory Bruce Campbell

Apr 14, 2002
    Helena, MT U.S.A 59602
    any self respecting bassist must buy this disc!!!

11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    As a member of the self loathing bassist community, I find your comments offensive. ;)

12. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    myself, I'm still too shaken by the shaving cream & full frontal nudity :eek: :bawl:

13. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    If that was the worst picture you saw on his site, be grateful....I clicked on the text link above his Grammy's picture. :scowl: :scowl: :scowl:

I'm still going to order a copy of his new album though.

14. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

*shudders*

I'd blocked the elder abuse from my memory.... thanks for bringing back the trauma

15. No way!!! Christoper Meloni!!!

LMFAO!!!

Guys at the end of the day, with all due respect, we must FEAR THE GENIE:
    http://grasstain.com/images/FearTheGenie.jpg

I am pretty freaked out by the "Sorting Hat" from Harry Potter as well:
    http://grasstain.com/images/Hufflepuffbig.jpg

Seriously, and I would like for all you TB readers to put some thought into this: IF there ever was an WWE championship match, and let's say that Vince McMahon was tipped off that I, Jay Terrien, have a couple of pretty skilled wrestlers in my stable, namely, THE GENIE and THE SORTING HAT (that for some reason, made Harry Potter live in the Hufflepuff dorms), who would win the championship match?

Lastly, what role would THE RABBIT play as a "3rd Man In"?:
    http://grasstain.com/images/Rabbitinacanoewithroastedredpeppereyes.jpg
    (FYI, I am pretty sure that the Rabbit's Canoe (and glaring roasted red peppers eyes would be deemed illegal in the ring environment!).

Debate!!!!!

16. Gregory Bruce Campbell

Gregory Bruce Campbell

Apr 14, 2002
    Helena, MT U.S.A 59602
    so there i was driving in a feild yesterday...

i had forgot that the music had stopped...

ok, JAY TERRIEN.... and the number 69 i have NO IDEA how i didn't even see that coming!

that was a no brainer...

i am driving in a feild and i wave to two elderly men fishing and suddenly i hear a RPG go ripping past my vehicle...

oh... no it was track #69 scarring every once of bodily fluid through my entire body...

i now have all my insides mixed up!

man that was more frightening than any movie i have ever seen!

i'm gonna shut after this... but again Jay

GREAT DISC!

and dang man! i want the cover for the text and track info...

ya bastid!

solid black cd jackets for you from now on...

and by the way i DO pray for you!

the picture of your granny and your nasty cd cover...

compared to your INCREDIBLE MUSIC...

someone has got to be praying for you so that all that insane raw talent doesn't go to waste!

i know you probably think i am weird....

but hey

SO ARE YOU!

;)

17. At my last concert in Montreal, QC, I did a radio promotion at CISM FM whereas whoever correctly called in and answered the question, "What is the name of the blow-up doll so prominently featured in the "All The Dolls In The Same Place" artwork", got 2 free tix to my show!! The tix went surprisingly quickly as someone "owned" (I don't even want to know why!) the same doll model!

So, the new giveaway is as follows:

Regarding Track #69: "RCMIWYP!"

I will mail out a FREE CD to the FIRST person that correctly posts what the letters/cryptic code "RCMIWYP!" means!! Whoever posts the correct answer on this thread will be notified by private message, addresses will be passed on, and you will get a free CD mailed out to you ASAP!!

GO!!! :)

18. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    CRY WIMP?