1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Jazz/Precision Basses other than Fender?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by colossus13, Jun 3, 2012.

1. colossus13

colossus13

Aug 9, 2011
    I just want a good jazz or precision bass other than fender. A little more cheap in cost. Know any good ones?

2. A more specific price range might be helpful.

Less than US models, or Mexico models?

You can get P's and J's at pretty much any price you want from $100 on up. Darn near everyone makes some kind of Jazz bass these days.

3. SX, Squier, Peavey

4. colossus13

colossus13

Aug 9, 2011
    I was thinking about 300 to 400.

5. colossus13

colossus13

Aug 9, 2011
    And I'd prefer a Precision bass.

6. Old Strings

Old Strings

Jun 1, 2012
    My first bass was an Ibanez and if I recall it had jazz pickups and was in that price range, they might be a good brand to check out for that range.

Or actually, if you're in that price range, you might be able to get a fender or musicman if you are willing to look for a used one. Try and find one in the store and in person so you can test it out if possible, but you can potentially save between 1/3 and 1/2 of the original price of a very good guitar by picking a used one, and there should be used models where the worst damage the previous user left would just be a couple of pick nicks and scratches here and there. I got my current warwick corvette used for about 800, where it would have been around 1200 new, and other than a couple of scratches, it's in perfect shape--and I saved 400 dollars because of that simple fact that it was used.

7. Old Strings

Old Strings

Jun 1, 2012
  8. jschwalls

jschwalls

Sep 4, 2007
    Savannah GA
  9. Squier, VM or CV.