1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Jens Ritter at NAMM

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Lon86, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Lon86

Lon86

Jan 21, 2008
    Venice, CA
    Had a great visit with Jens Ritter at Namm this year.

First off, he is an incredibly nice man... very humble, easy to talk and relate to. We had a good conversation about his instruments and how he made a video of him busting a Chinese company ripping off his designs.
    The video he pointed me to is already posted on Talkbass, but here is another link just fyi.
    2012 NAMM: Peter-Paul Solves a Mystery for Jens Ritter - YouTube

Want to share a few pics of Jens I took yesterday. I'm sure his instruments will be well covered here, so my pictures focus is on Jens. Hopefully you can get a bit of his vibe and personality through these.

[​IMG] By lon86 at 2012-01-22[/IMG]

After meeting and talking to him...I have even more respect for him and his awesome instruments than I already did.
    Hopefully the next time I talk to him I am ordering a bass for myself!

Lon

2. Lon86

Lon86

Jan 21, 2008
    Venice, CA
    Hey Jens, where do you stand as far as beauty, quality and originality in your basses...???

3. esa372

esa372

Aug 7, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    I got the chance to speak with him on Friday; he seems quite the gentleman, and as you've said, easy to talk and relate to.

His work is great, too - I just wish I could afford one of his ba$$es! :help:

4. I wouldn't have been able to be so magnanimous in the face of such egregious design copying.. I was very impressed by his demeanor in the video - I didn't know who he was, and really did think he was from German TV or something. Good on him!

5. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Thanks for posting these pics! With that and the video, he seems like a real funny dude, and I think that just made me want one of his basses even more. Like....I think it's now next on the list.....