Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Jerzy Drozd owners

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BlacktotheBlind, Jun 26, 2005.

1. BlacktotheBlind

BlacktotheBlind Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Indianapolis
    i know i've seen a few around here, i absolutely love his basses and hope to get one. lets see some pictures!

2. i want one too :D (note the sig).

let's see your drozd's guys. :bassist:

3. I love the look of his basses. Some day I might actually play one!

BTW~ Anyone know how to pronounce the last name?

4. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I believe it's pronounced "Barry"

5. Gotcha! Barry huh? Do I roll the R's too?

;)

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I had a chance to play an amazing JD. I'd like to own one some day as well. The attention to detail, and quality are phenomenal.

-Mike

7. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Here's a few pix of mine, along with the review in the Gear Reviews page.

http://www.talkbass.com/reviews/showproduct.php/product/18/sort/7/cat/13/page/3

The name is pronounced Jerzy (like yair' zee) Drozd (all one syllable - rose with a "d" on either side)

My particular bass has Barts in it. I've played several with Jerzy's proprietary pickups, which are significantly hotter, and think I might make the switch. I like Barts, but don't love 'em, on any bass. Aside from that, the only issue I have with this bass is the lack of playing time I get, given that I'm still a new-ish dad. :hyper:

8. Is it just me, or do I see an AMAZING resembelence to the Washburn Taurus bass.... Hmmmm, I'm sure that's been a few discussions on here before. Someone over at Washburn must have some GAS for a JD! :D

So that's how it's pronounced huh??? I always just said "JD" or... Jersey Drozed (phoentically).... lmao. :bag:

~Ryan

9. Yeah! Thanks for the explanation RAM!

10. I have no idea lol. Anyone know what nationality he is? his name sounds very European.

11. Frank Martin

Frank Martin Bitten by the luthiery bug...

Oct 8, 2001
    Budapest, Hungary, EU
    :rolleyes:

[Sarcasm=ON]

And you say you have GAS for one of his basses?
    If you've ever been to his webpage, read the reviews, and also checked out LAG, then you should know. Looks like your gas list in your sig quite pathetically is just there to make you seem cool by gasing for a cool bass, and it is nothing compared to mine, which is genuine longing for a bass :p

[Sarcasm=OFF]

12. Yves Carbonne is getting one...

13. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA

Attached Files:

14. BlacktotheBlind

BlacktotheBlind Supporting Member

May 5, 2004
    Indianapolis
    sweet basses, guys :bassist:

15. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    One "theory" is that "Taurus" refers to a bull, which is closely associated with Spain. Since Jerzy's from Spain, this "theory" suggests a *touch* of knock-off.

16. YC8

YC8

Jun 23, 2004
  17. Another Drozd owner wanna bee. The craftsmanship looks exquisite! Plus, Dan Lenard of Luthier's Access says more are coming to the U.S. in a couple weeks.

YIKES!!

18. 6-3-2

6-3-2

Sep 20, 2003
    I played one, I couldn't really tweak the sound very much, probably because I had no clue what the controls did, but the craftsmanship is definately some the best I've seen. The neck was way too flat for my taste though.

19. Aj*

Aj*

Jun 14, 2005
    West Yorkshire, UK
    The thought of someday owning a Drozd is by far enough to keep me going whilst I slave away at assorted crappy summer jobs to boost the bass fund. I would love someday to have a Mastery with the gourgeous two piece bridge, a custom inlay, led fret markers and peizios with onboard midi. I loved hearing the story of his first bass, winding the pickups using magnets from kitchen unit door catches, now there's a guy with dedication. What also impresses me is the way that thanks to him making most of his components himself he has so much control and so can produce a bass to satisfy just about anyone.

I adore those new pickup covers he has as well, he thinks well outside the box but the results are just stunning. A trip to Barca is on my agenda for sure.

Just for interest, does anyone have any idea of the price for the standard 24 fret Basic, Excellency and Mastery in Euros (forget about taxes etc. will deal with those when I actually have the money lol).

20. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    From the LAG website (sorry it's in US dollars) http://luthiersaccessgroup.com/drozd2.html