1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

JMJ update 10/22

Discussion in 'Ask Justin Meldal-Johnsen' started by jmjbassplayer, Oct 22, 2013.

1. jmjbassplayer

jmjbassplayer Justin Meldal-Johnsen Gold Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2005
    Hi,

Playing with Beck a bit again. Did Treasure Island in SF last weekend, doing Life Is Beautiful in Vegas this weekend, then a week later going to South America for a two week tour. At Treasure Island, that was cray because it was on the water and everything got wet from the mist. My '70 SVT head died, so hopefully Bob Dixon here in town can fix it soon. I went to my back up, which is an Acoustic 370 and I have to say it sounded pretty awesome. Now I need a backup to the backup, so I'm going to have my little Aguilar Tone Hammer 500 on hand.

Finishing the Young The Giant record...mastering this week. I'm proud of it - it's going to be a good one.

Starting up slowly with M83 again...probably getting into it in earnest in mid-Nov when I get back from South America.

Working on my gear (selling some, buying some, making patch bays nicer, etc).

Finished the Malekko Diabolik project, and I'm really happy with how that little pedal turned out. Sounded ridiculous in the festival PA.

Ummm...I think that's it for now. Oh for Halloween I've decided to be DJ Lance Rock. My kid wanted something scary from me as usual, but I decided to mix it up this year.

Thanks for reading, and thanks for participating in my forum here.

Best,
    Justin

2. ShoeManiac

ShoeManiac

Jan 19, 2006
    New Jersey
    Cool update! I'd heard that Treasure Island was a cool gig, but the wind was proving to be a bit of a challenge. Sorry to hear about your SVT, too! Did you by chance bring the Coronado or the Starcaster out to the gig?

3. jmjbassplayer

Mar 25, 2005
    Starcaster, yeah. It sounded ruff and tough.

4. You don't want to sell one of your Jaguar Bass or old Thunderbird with Techno Empire ???

;)

5. jmjbassplayer

Mar 25, 2005
    Already did sell one of the Jags and one of the T-birds a while back...you're late to the party, mate!

6. Argh....

7. TheDialog

TheDialog Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Baltimore
    Know of anything exciting going on in LA for Halloween this year?

I have a '72 Blueline that's good to go if for some reason you needed to borrow it :)...

8. jmjbassplayer

Mar 25, 2005
    Thanks man, very kind. I think I've got some other heads that will work fine while Bob Dixon tries to resurrect my beast. Will probably use my Acoustic 370 or SVT-II.

Halloween? For me it's Beck rehearsal then handing out candy and walking around with my kid on my street. I live on a very "halloween-oriented" street where it's a total scene with a huge influx of people, so I've got to be on point for that. :)