1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Joe Osborn

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by 57pbass, Dec 15, 2018.

1. 57pbass

57pbass Supporting Member

I’m reading that this great bassist passed away after a battle with pancreatic cancer. I had the pleasure to briefly meet him at Bass Day in NYC many years ago..he was very kind.

RIP Joe..thank you for the wonderful music.

johnnyplaysbass and JimK like this.
  2. braud357

braud357 Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Gonzales, LA
    Oh my ! I am so sorry to hear of his passing - I recently watched a interview with Joe. he had so many stories to tell ! Any bassist that grew up in the 60's and early 70's owes a debt to Joe Osborn. if you listed to the radio - you were listening to Joe. He played on so many hits, and was a major influence. RIP Joe, from a fellow Louisiana boy !

3. laklandplayer

laklandplayer Supporting Member

Jul 10, 2001
    USA - Memphis, TN
    For me, it’s an incredible loss personally and musically. My friend and mentor is gone. There will never be another one like him.

Old Blastard, JimK and 57pbass like this.
  4. Slapndbayass

Slapndbayass

Nov 9, 2016
    Godspeed Joe. You shaped music for many to carry on.

OSBORN160X212.jpg

JimK likes this.
  5. Stevorebob

Stevorebob Well... I Am Here, Aren't I? Supporting Member

Sep 29, 2011
    Los Angeles
  6. consectaneus

consectaneus

Sep 23, 2016
    I was just thinking about the soundtrack of my youth and how big a part Joe Osborn played, literally. His legacy will live on.