1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Joe's 15 EV L series 15"

Discussion in 'For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets' started by TonyP-, Mar 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Audio Mike Lull Custom Guitars Gallien Krueger amplification Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass Electronics
    Joe's 15 EV L series 15"

8 Ohms
    400 Watts

That cab was just re-coned from New England Speaker.

This cab is heavy deep and built like a tank.

It just the 15" and probaly the only people that know about this brand is from the NE and was playing in the 80's so its a bit obscure.

I just not into 15"s.

I won't have a pic until later in the week since this is at a RR that I will be at until then.

This is one heavy 15" (do not weight...Lighter then your average 4X10 but still heavy)
    Local sale only don't mind driving some where in Eastern New England.

However if you know about these cabs then cool...

$250

Cheers

2. tacozombies

tacozombies

Jul 24, 2008
    Bristol, CT
    power rating? also, trades?

3. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Audio Mike Lull Custom Guitars Gallien Krueger amplification Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass Electronics
    Hello TZ

Its 8 ohms and 400 watts.

I'm only interested on 12"s really.
    PM-me if you like.

4. edwinhurwitz

edwinhurwitz Supporting Member

May 13, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Endorsing Artist: DR Strings, SMS
    I have two of their 12s and they are great cabs! I also have a 15 version that a student made for me that's from the same design as the above. These cabs are made from the EV TL606 plans.

Somebody grab this, it's a great sounding cab and Joe's Speaker and Salami really knew their business. I also have one of their Ultralight 18s sitting in my garage.

Edwin

5. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    These cabs are just the ticket for the old school sound from the 60's and 70's. And the EV 15L driver is LOUD.

This is a good deal on a great cab, someone local should grab this.

6. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    Thank You Gents...

I have to say that is coolest 15" (without a horn/high end diver) I have ever heard.

Its just not my thing.

Its was a $100 to re-cone this guy and back in the day these speakers alone from EV where $349.

7. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    No Joke someone who is into this type if cab is going to make out...

Peace, Love & Bumpage

[​IMG]

8. lownote54

lownote54

Mar 7, 2009
    this EV cab design (TL606) is where SWR Son of Bertha & M-B Diesel came from

9. Pitbull Growl

Pitbull Growl

Jan 6, 2009
    NNJ/NYC
    I have an older Mesa 215 RR cab w/2 of these EV15-L's in it and I gotta tell ya, the clarity & quickness of response to these is nothing short of AMAZING. I can only imagine it would sound very much like a 210 cab, but w/more bawls to it. Mine has no horn either, and sure as heck doesn't lack any range because of it.

Someone's gonna be VERY happy adding this to their rig.

10. JTE

JTE Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2008
    Central Illinois, USA
    Pics?

11. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    I have been traveling a bit and have not been home a that long.

However I will have pics this week for sure.

(Just for the record...I tend to throw things up first for those who know basically what it is) the pics if needed be.

12. Count Bassie

Count Bassie Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    I'd like to see some pics too. Am interested- I love 15s...

13. jamesy

jamesy

Mar 9, 2006
    Would you ship to zip code 77627? How much?

14. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    Sorry Guys

I just got around to getting this out of the one of my rehearsal rooms.

2zf5x5f.

15. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    Just to add...

At this time I'm not interested in trades.

I have the gear I want...for now ;) :bag:

I have to say thanks for all the PMs on this but just to clarify a couple of things for the folks that are, my price is very, very low and I'm aware of that so please $250 is where it is at.

This speaker is essentially brand new now and has not gigged since the re-coning (like the little old lady who only drove the car to pick up groceries type of thing...Sounds funny but true just used in a 2 person low level writing rehearsal).

16. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    [​IMG]

17. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    FS707Miles-Davis-Posters.

18. Count Bassie

Count Bassie Supporting Member

Jun 10, 2006
    Smithfield, RI
    This is my school! Breadless. Someone buy it and I'll buy it from you in 3 months!! :)

19. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    [​IMG]

20. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    [​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.