Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Joey Arkenstat..er Mike Gordon

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by jerry, Apr 6, 2005.

1. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I checked out the new Mike Gordon.....I mean Joey Arkenstat album today.....yuck!!! Mike at his over indulgence best! Just stay home and run your hands up and down your fretboard, and you will more actual songs than are on this album......flame away :D :bag:

2. I was wondering about that album, I saw a write up in Bass Player and was going to check it out...not anymore. By the way I was in Maui last year and I WANT TO MOVE THERE!!!!! My wife and I almost stayed and never came home. Aloha!!!!

3. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Eh, I thought the album was fun hehe. Couple good grooves in it, gets old after a couple of listens though. If nothing else, it made me laugh :)

4. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    I'm a huge Mike Gordon fan, but this is hardly a ringing endorsement for me. If I want to laugh, I'll spin Zappa's "Sheik Yerbouti". :p

Then again, as big of a Phish head as I am, I positively HATED Surrender to the Air, so much so that I returned it to the store and got my money back.

5. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Understand your position, this is deffinantly not an album Id recomend to everyone, thats for sure hehe.

6. greenfrog5

greenfrog5

May 9, 2005
    Me too - the only CD I've ever returned.

Speaking about the album today with a friend, we agreed that after listening to it, we like the idea, and his execution of promoting a pseudonym a bit more than the album itself.

Aaron

7. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    shoots - are you guys talking about Bane?! I still haven't heard it yet. Is it really that bad?

8. Surrender To Nectar's Gravy Fries!!! :)

Vermont Rules!!

JTIWYP!