'John East U-Retro Deluxe 5knob Preamp'

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by mustBmtd, Apr 18, 2019.

1. mustBmtd

mustBmtd Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Tennessee
    To any bassist. I'm wanting to know if any tech players . Who've done their own preamp or any electrical works on their own basses. I've got this preamp and it's fully operational. In the picture that's attached. That one main pot which is the Tone/push/pull active/passive. I'm trying to find out if it's possible to break down this pot and have a separate active/passive switch by it's self and either use the same pot just for the Tone or change out as well. Desire is hopefully being able to drop it in this M7 Sire. 20190407_153439.jpg 20190418_171258.jpg

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  2. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    As far as I can tell, you should be able to swap that pot out for a non-push/pull unit, then move the wires attached to the switch portion over to a DPDT switch.
    All you'd need is the matching value tone pot, a capacitor for it, and a DPDT switch.

If you need to, you can always confirm that with John East, I've emailed him before and he's a fantastic guy to deal with.
    [email protected]

mustBmtd likes this.
  3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Nov 28, 2021