Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

John Patitucci in Puerto Rico this monday,yeah

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Funky Tune, Jul 20, 2005.

1. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    Its amazing,my original plan was go to my local shop for test basses this tuesday but i remember John Patitucci come to Puerto Rico for clinics this next monday,and i change my plan,i go to Villa Music this next monday for see John and maybe take some pictures with him lol,i can,t wait for this monday,after the clinics i have a huge job testing all kind of basses,my decision making is near,John Patitucci oh my god....... :hyper:

John Patituci schedule http://www.johnpatitucci.com/html/gigs.html

2. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    I envy you ..... John Patitucci is a great guy, very down to earth. I was lucky enough to have met him once ..........

He's also an incredible player, wait until you see him in person :eek: It's scary how good he is ....

3. heh, I just ordered couple of his CDs

he's coming to my area in october, and hopefully I'll get to see him then

btw, I think this should be in misc. ;)

4. He went down to the dominican republic some years ago. It was kind of a jam thing with bob berg and some other guys. He played at the ruins of a colonial church for free. IT WAS INCREDIBLE! he was playing upright. He's a very nice guy and it is true ...his records are great, but live, he shreds those strings. Just amazing.

5. I was in Puerto Rico the wrong week this summer...

6. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    i go to the clinics with one CD of him,i believe he can sign the CD for me....... :hyper:

7. .... and you know I'll be THERE!!!

:hyper: :hyper:

8. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    :cool:
    Last Sun. I was playing a happy hour gig at a outside bar
    on Martha's Vineyard where I live.
    I look up, and John and his wife and kid are standing right in front of me. lucky we were playing a cool song that grooved.
    Talk about no wanting to mess up!
    So cool to meet great players like John, PS he played a show later in the week on Island.

9. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    wow that's incredible , i would've been mortified and the ensuing confusion .....

id probably just hand my bass to him :eek:

10. DGbass70

DGbass70

Jun 1, 2005
    Rochester N.Y.
    I AM SO JEALOUS,MANO........................................
    IT'S FUNNY THE CLINICS I'VE BEEN TO ARE GUITAR PLAYERS.........STEVE VAI..PR
    JOHN PETRUCCI...NY

11. DGbass70

DGbass70

Jun 1, 2005
    Rochester N.Y.
    I FEEL YOUR PAIN MAN,SAME HAPPENED TO ME......

12. DGbass70

DGbass70

Jun 1, 2005
    Rochester N.Y.
    HEY RULY WHAT'S UP MANO......MAKE SURE YOU TAKE PICS