Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just come new pics

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Sippy, Dec 18, 2005.

1. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    LOL PLEASE IGNORE THE BARBIE DOLLS!!!!! I had to take these pics in another room because of lighting difficulties!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Really nice old P :)

Forget the Barbies- you're breakin' the cord rule- if you're not using a right-angle plug on a front-mounted jack, then you've gotta loop it through your strap!

No pics of your Squier P/J? There's just two Ps there.

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    YOU ARE SUCH A LIAR!!! Lighting issues?! Yeah right dude... you are clearly using a frontal flash... you've got the cartoonish black line around you. A flash removes any average "lighting issue." It's ok... some people collect... stuff....

Weren't expecting a photo major to comment, were ya. ;)

4. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Big mistake posting that pic.

5. forget the photo those are some nice p-basses

6. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    Yep...

7. Mike Shevlin

Mike Shevlin

Feb 16, 2005
    Las Vegas
    I can't handle the barbie doll thing. I'm selling my p-bass - I just can't play it anymore. :crying:

8. Bass_Machine

Bass_Machine

Oct 29, 2004
    UK
    Damn dude, I learnt that one the hard way! :(

9. purfektstranger

purfektstranger

Apr 10, 2003
    Canada
    Great lookin' basses. Forget the damn barbies...where can I score me one of them blue M & M's ??

10. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Don't worry about the dolls. We know that you're a collector of small plastic "statues". ;)

:D Nice basses, btw.

11. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    LOL damn you guys are hatin' on the barbies!!! Nah my room is DARK I don't like a lot of light and the camera makes me look radioactive if I use the flash. lol you can't see anything but a mass of white.
    And I usually loop the chord through the strap if i'm at a gig or plan on using 1 bass for an extended period of time, but when I'm jamming at home I'm usually throwing back and forth between basses so much it becomes a pain!
    The red P bass is going to become a P/J next week. I just keep forgetting how to edit my signature so when I acidentally found out 2 days ago, I decided to change it then. THe J-bass pickup is going on later this week.
    I like my 70's P-bass a lot, but since I got the fretless unfortunately she hasn't gotten much play lately. I really have grown to not like to play a fretted bass. I'm hoping it is just the "New toy" syndrome and I grow to like it again. The Red p-bass is gonna have a tort pickguard on there, and gold badassII bridge, and gold knobs. BLING...lol
    Thanks for the comments, and once again...the barbies are NOT MINE... I repeat the barbies are NOT MINE... In fact I just went through all the pics that are on my PC and photoshopped the dolls out! lol.

12. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    So you're saying that you have had other photo shoots with these barbies?
    It's cool man. We all have our hobbies. :D
    Cool basses!!

13. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida

LOL I have to get drunk one night and post a "post your barbies" thread.... anyway... no my mom collects barbies! She likes the big fancy kind.. I dunno...And yes, for $5 You can have your own picture taken with the barbie collection!!!.. They make great christmas cards!

14. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Uh huh, uh huh.

15. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I can't believe that of all of the many, many troubling things I see in that picture, that you were concerned with the lighting . . . . of all the things . . . . :bag:

16. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida

and the hits just keep oooooonn coming! lol

DO you guys think that red bass would look nice with the tort guard and gold hardware?

17. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I looked at a pic of a red precision with the tort pick guard but it didn't have gold hardware. I liked it and I think the gold hardware would make it look even better. I'm not normally into gold hardware but I think would look right on that bass.

18. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA... I won't ask.

uhh... nice...uhh

... BWAHAHAHAHA

19. Sippy

Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Stuart,Florida
    lol ok.. be ready for a "Post your barbie" thread on here.

20. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Good to see your 73.

Did you get all the problems with it ironed out?