Just Got A Behringer

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Feb 21, 2006.

1. Well the store i teach at they had a bx4500h, and well i had my eyes on it, played through it a few times and i like it, well the owner said i could have it no deposit and let my teaching wages go towards the head until its paid off....well who am i to refuse an offer like that....so yeah...first gig with it on friday...the mk3 is great, just not loud enough.....so we'll see how the behringer goes this weekend...fiddling this arvo it sounds great through the 410tx.....

it'll do until i can afford a SWR or whatever down the track...even then it'll be a good backup
  2. Crockettnj

Sep 2, 2005
    North NJ
    you should have bargained for a discount since you work there. his markup is healthy, i assume. then again, you are using now on future earnings, so an interest free loan isnt a bad thing either!

best of luck with the new rig.
  3. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    lol, that's funny...
  4. well i got $150 off shelf price, so im happy..

but i still find it surprising the amount of behringer hate here, and its the only place ive heard it, i mean, im surprised people arent slagging sx for being cheap fender copies, alembic for using the fender preamp (these are just examples)....ive had a thunderbird prac amp for 4 years now...no problems

if you need big name brands to sound good, then get hand transplants...thats my opinion
  5. Headroom

Apr 5, 2002
    Easy for you to say- a Behringer didn't sleep with your wife and abscond to South America with your life savings.
  6. Its abit different than just that. Most bass making company have a fender style bass. Its basically the standard shape these days. Especially among starter basses. And essex dont claim to be doing anything innovative. But ive read from my behringer manual that theyre making steps forward etc. Behringer rip off anything they can. and only change it when a lawsuit is involved. Alembic are extremely high quality basses, compared to what behringer make.

I do however, have that same head sitting in my practise room. I dont use it anymore. It was my first head/cab deal thing (hartke vx410). i was pretty ashamed to have it, lol. I used to drape a flag i made at skool over it so no one could see it :p The octave on it is pretty decent. But i found it clipped very easily, and for what it was rated, my GK400RB (280 watts) is much louder than it.

7. mikgag

mikgag Guest

Mar 25, 2002

8. behringer are making progress, they're prooving that they can make stuff just as good for cheaper:D ...i dont really care, its just an amp, not a way of life....i really dont understand the big stink people are kicking up....i guess people like to whinge, i know i do

i said nothing about alembic basses, the fx-1 preamp is a fender design....
  9. i understand where you're coming from. Its ideal for the price as head to get you through for a while. that was always my plan, get this for some loud noise, and then buy a nice head and cab when i can afford it. I was talking about alembic how you compared how they use fender pre amps, i was just saying how alembic are innovators, and from what i gather, admit they use a fender product in their bass. Whereas behringer just take it, and put their label on it. I mean look at their new "vintage distortion/phaser/chorus" . It looks exactly the same as, and uses the same concept as an EHX muff, clone and stone. My only beef with them, is that theyre not original. The fact that they rip other peoples products or hard work off, make them with cheaper labour and components and sell them for cheaper. Basically doing a whole lot of nothing and earning alot. They bring nothing new or exciting to the music world. All this is my opinion though :)

10. nothing is origional anymore...KSD, Sadowsky, Valenti, Warmoth, samick, sx the list can go on and on...from what i see...its just another brand, it looks different...slightly

i spose people are still going to say theres a difference between cort, fender and ibanez acoustic guitars...considering they're all made in the same factory, with the same woods, by the same people.....arent the ashdown mag heads now made in china?....is it possible that theres some sort of conspiracy that boss, ashdown, mesa boogie, george bush and many other brands own behringer and is a way to unload many of their products...we really dont know....its an amp, i really dont understand why people get so uptight about the evil B brand.....but i guess im just a stupid hick
  11. utopia_imminent

Jun 19, 2004
    if you want to look at copycats, just see how many wah pedals are there everywhere.

anyway, behringer has a nice sound. i played through the older bx3000t head and the 4x10 aluminium driver cab. it was good for its price tag. sadly, i live in an apartment where anything above 50watts means the neighbors knocking at your door. so, i am looking to get the behringer bx300 or the ashdown perfect ten or the kustom kba35.

behringer has a tendency to have a problem with quality control. plus, before behringer came into the market, where i came from, 30 watters would cost 300 plus in singapore dollars. now, they are only 200. so, i guess that it what makes a lot of people who bought their amps expensive get frustrated about.
  12. I've never had any complaints about how Behringer gear sounds, my complaint is that they have a tendency to break down easily. I've had personal experience with it, as well as read about it alot. Sound aint terrible though.