Just got a EBS V-2 preamp!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Nato, Jun 13, 2004.

1. Nato

Jun 2, 2002
    Well i just got the pre amp i have been wanting for the last 2 years The EBS V-2 preamp, i just got it tonight on ebay for 430 dollars with a footswitch! Now i just gota get a nice power amp and Speaker cab to go with it, any ideas?
  2. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    Give us a review. Ive been thinking about this pre as well.
  3. Jerry J

Jerry J Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2000
    P-town, OR
    Congratulations on the ebait score. I'm a fan of the EBS stuff and use my Fafner on a regular basis.

How big(watts) of a power amp are you thinking? My favorite is the QSC PLX's.

I'm very partial to Epifani and Bergantino cabinets, myself. But Aguilar and Bag End are near to my heart, too. But I think that cabinets are a very personal choice.
  4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Yes, please give a review!

So many great amps and speaker cabs are available. Most amps these days are very transparent, so the critical choice for you is speaker cabinet. What kind of sound are you looking for? For example: modern, vintage, clean, dirty...
  5. 8_finger

8_finger Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2002
    Baltimore, MD
    Congrats for buying great preamp, it takes a while to get used to it but it's well worth it. :)

There are many power amps on the market, get one that doesn't break your back or your wallet :) , QSC PLX's seem popular choice, I own Mackie M1400 I'm satisfied with sound but it's killing my back :bawl: .
  6. How 'bout a couple of Crown K2's and 2 Bag End AF1A's.
  7. Nato

Jun 2, 2002
    Well it looks like i will be getting the preamp on thursday so i can't waite to get to try it out, Oh and for the Cabinet and power amp i think i am going to try for the QSC PLX for power and i am trying to find something fairly cheep for a cabinet but with a good clear hifi sound. I am kinda thinking a couple acme b2's or something like that but i am not sure yet. Well i will post a review or 2 once i get to mess around with it for your reading.