~just got back from sea~

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by neptoon, May 7, 2005.

1. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    just got back from my first patrol on uss maine...she's a different pig than uss tennessee...at any rate, wasn't bad, but jeez have their been some changes on here, most notable being JT getting a ritter and gard moving away from bass central...man, what else did i miss?? oh yeah, i got a sweet mtd 535 (the green one adrian garcia had) like a week after i left...man, does it suck having a new bass at home and not being there to check it out! the suffering! just wanted you guys to know i'm back and all is well...we didn't nuke anyone...this time... heheheheheheh
  2. Holy CRAP! How's it goin?

You havn't really missed much... except the waxing episode with JT, but it's still a pretty touchy subject...
  3. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    hey, FF! it rolls smooth, bro...hanging in there? a touchy issue, eh? i dunno...definitely some sweet basses, them there ritterZz...
  4. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Welcome back, pix of the bass or you'll be unceremoniously strung up by your toes.

Our neighbors are really getting on my nerves; what kind of paper work do I need to fill out, or can I just call-in?

5. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    eh, just a phone call would do...1-800-MkV-BOMB...dial in the coordinates for our beautiful secretary and wait about 4 hours...it takes a few moments to transmit the message, create the target package and deliver the weapons to the target...we guarantee 100% accuracy to greater than 4000 nautical miles and if you aren't satisfied, the next TRIDENT II ballistic missile is yours free...about pics of the bass, i'll hook you up in a bit...it seems that you have to have a password to get onto adrians' site now...another thing that has changed... :D
  6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
  7. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    My luck, I'd be like one degree off on the coordinates, poof there goes the Sadowsky. Welcome back to TB, anyone who can serve the country and play an MTD is OK in my book.
  8. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    nino! what's up, man! hey thanks ;) you too, burk...preesh...i took the zon underway, though...man, submariners are a tough crowd :D
  9. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    Welcome back 'toon.
    Gotta get your land legs before you get back to playing anyway...we don't want you taking an accidental stage-dive!!!
  10. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Man I dialed that number like 50 times.... I have a long list here! :smug:

Welcome back.
  11. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    I'm glad you resurfaced.

Welcome back.
  12. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Yo 'toon!!!

Yeah, some stuff did change...I'm breathin' a lot more sawdust these days...

Welcome back to the dry side, hope you aren't stumblin' too much!

...be glad you missed that whole JT/wax episode, it was quite ugly...

13. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Good to see you back, man. Welcome back to the southeast as well! Just in time for the sweltering summers!
  14. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome back!:cool: Thanks for all that you(and other servicemen/women) do for all of us.:)

How long is your shore leave this time?
  15. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    hey, thanks a bunch, guys! it's great to be back, though i've only been gone for like 10 weeks or so...pretty average patrol, actually...gard, make sure you wear a particulate mask! there are some woods out there that will lay you out on your munky... :D you guys rawk...now, about those land legs...man, everything sure seems awful steady around here ;)
  16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Hi Dave!

Good to see you back on TB. I was just reading through some of your old posts a couple weeks ago, wondering what you were up to.

17. lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK
    Welcome back, Bubblehead!

392000N1254100E. The MGD is on me.

;) :D
  18. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Welcome back into the sunshine!
  19. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    o O...cooridinates! good stuff...stand clear, bro ;) hey, lump, i made E-7 selection board again...maybe i'll catch up to ya this year...maybe :D

what up mike! how's the pacific northwest? i'm starting to miss that place...i had one of those weird mosquito things bite yesterday...awful!
  20. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    here ya go...you would think these guys had never heard of wooten before rough looking crowd, eh? :rolleyes: me and a couple of the other guys formed a little band called the shaft alley cats...i don't think anyone was having any fun until we played 'play that funky music' eh...