Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Just got my Stingray!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AmplifyYourBass, Aug 14, 2004.

1. AmplifyYourBass

AmplifyYourBass

Dec 7, 2003
    I just got back from Guitar Center and got a brand new Stingray! It's awesome and I can't stop playing! Well worth the $1,300 I put up for it. :bassist: :hyper:

2. :hyper: yeaaaa!!!

Congrats to you!!! I was looking at at stingray myself and almost got it but the Fender US deluxe fmt won my heart.

The stingray is a great Bass enjoy.

3. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    Congrats! Nice combo, all black with maple board. I'll bet it's a killer slap machine. :cool:

4. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    Welcome to the Music Man family!!

5. AmplifyYourBass

AmplifyYourBass

Dec 7, 2003
    Thanks guys! I love it. I was torn between the all black one or the gray body with the black pickguard (didn't look too shabby either), but I decided to go with this one because of the beautiful maple neck. Damn right it's a slap machine, I love it.

6. Congradulations, i just got mine in exact same combination, its the spittin image of it, i just cant figure out how to use the digital camera, anyway enjoy it, the non more black beasts are funk machines....use it wisely

7. Congrats!

Rays are very nice looking bass guitars!
    I wonder if the 5 strings have the same look! (like the actual look but....)

Vince

8. bovinehost

bovinehost

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    The most popular combination for Stingrays - and for good reason.

Congrats and check my sig line.

9. AmplifyYourBass

AmplifyYourBass

Dec 7, 2003
    I can't stop playing this thing! I've wanted this bass for a long, long, long time and it feels so awesome to finally own it! :hyper:

10. Very nice score man! Thats my favorite combo, I also like the black sparkle with black p/g. I know Stingrays are slap machines but how do they sound with a pick and fingerstyle?

11. z4knerd

z4knerd

Jul 1, 2004
    haha thats awesome! stingrays are nice

12. AmplifyYourBass

AmplifyYourBass

Dec 7, 2003
    IMO Stingrays sound best when slapped, but they still sound beautiful when played with your fingers. I don't use a pick when I play bass (I'm not one of the bass players that has something against using picks, I just prefer my fingers and thumb), but I think both of my band's guitarists took my picks. :smug: Oh well, no biggy. I'll see if I can find a spare pick lying around to use with my Stingray...

13. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    IMO slap is the hardest sound to get right. If your bass sounds good slapped then its gonna sound good fingerstyle and with a pick. I play with all 3, as well as a bit of tapping and it does sooo well. I still perfer my warwick thumb for tapping, but the tone out of my stingray is to die for.

14. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    There are countless people using Stingray's with picks, so they can't ALL be wrong -- right?

...right?

15. birdsg

birdsg

Dec 18, 2003
    Birmingham England
    Congrats, thats a sweet bass :D

Steve

16. Beammeup

Beammeup

Oct 7, 2002
    Denmark
    Congrats!

I play a Sterling myself.

17. mgood

mgood

Sep 29, 2001
    Levelland, Texas
    Congrats on a great bass.

But I especially like the shirt. I have a collection of those from all over the country. :cool:

18. AmplifyYourBass

AmplifyYourBass

Dec 7, 2003
    I've always wondered if there's a major/noticeable difference between a Stingray and Sterling sound-wise or at all. Anyone care to elaborate for me?

BTW - It's not the best, but the Stingray sounds awesome when tapped.

19. raycer

raycer

Mar 22, 2004
    Orange County, NY
    congrats. That's asweet bass