1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

just ordered a Hartke VXL Bass Attack Pedal!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ghostjs, Sep 16, 2010.

1. ghostjs

ghostjs

Aug 14, 2008
    ghostjs
    Unofficially Endorsing: D'Addario, Lakland
    anything to expect?
    does anyone have some good suggestions on settings they use?
    for instance, for nice tube tone or thick growl?

2. I have one and love it! If I have to use a DI, this is the one I use...I've tried the Sans Amp, and any number of other DI''s and for me...this one is the nutz...the only thing I did was went on line and ordered some metal knobs from a place that sold them, like Tubesandmore.com or some place like that and replaced the cheezy chrome/plastic ones that came on it...otherwise, it's the bomb...oh, and get a power supply for it...they eat batteries and spits them out...

as for tone...ya gotta noodle around with the knobs...it'll keep you fascinated for hours :D

3. Kromwarp

Kromwarp

Sep 16, 2008
    Greater Grand Rapids, Michigan
    Master Luthier: Ironclad Bass Guitars
    I never turn this pedal off, it is the cornerstone of my tone

Settings I use:

Harmonics: 3 o'clock
    Mix: 4 o'clock
    Shape: 2 o'clock
    Level: 10 o'clock
    Bass: 12 o'clock
    Treble: 2 o'clock
    Brite: 1 o'clock

When played with a pick...this is the zone

4. Steveaux

Steveaux Safe-Guardian of the Stoopid Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The Wilds of NW Pa.
    Happy Birthday !!!

:D

5. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    I was thinking of purchasing a hartke bass attack pedal myself. I'm planning on conducting an experimental set-up. I was going to use the hartke bass attack pedal with my rocktron utopia b100 and see what kind of sounds I would with this combination. If it sounds cool(and I'm guessing I would get cool sounds from this combination), I will record sound samples of it and post them on my soundclick website.

Ghostjs, yes the hartke bass attack pedal does provide nice tube sounds. and you can easily dial in a thick growl sound with this preamp pedal. I would know because I've had this pedal once. and I was thinking of buying this pedal again. if you ask me, you'll be getting your money's worth.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 3, 2021