1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Just ordered a Ultimate Ears Super fi 5EB

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by adube810, Apr 11, 2009.

1. adube810

adube810

Mar 6, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    i just ordered a these online today and was planning on using them for my ipod and as headphones to play bass thru or use them as monitors for recording with my laptop. EB is for extended bass; i got these because obviously im a bass junkie and these may not be audiophile equipment but i would think these better serve my purposes becuase i like everything i listen to with alot of bass.

has anyone had any experience or reviews of these?

2. styxnpicks

styxnpicks

Jan 27, 2009
    Cincinnati, OH
    I have a pair. the bass is bloated. I always have to eq out alot of the upper bass to use them

3. erix

erix

Sep 24, 2005
    Washington DC
    I bought a pair to replace my Shure EC3 and I must admit preferred the Shure.
    The bass are heavy in the EA Super FI 5EB but they sound "isolated" from the other frequencies.
    I also dislike the Silicone they have, I prefer the one from Shure.
    Just my opinion, they are quite good in-ears anyway

4. adube810

adube810

Mar 6, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    the only thing i can do is wait till i get them on thursday. if i dont like them i wouldnt mind sending them back for the 5 pro's which have a flatter response. but thats if i dont think they sound good. my old pair of earphones is a cheap $40 sony earbuds, which sound fine, but the left side speaker's volume is significantly lower then the right now, and ive had them for almost 2 years, so almost anything is going to be a big step up

has anyone used the 5 PRO?

5. svtb15

svtb15

Mar 22, 2004
    Austin,TX - McKinney,TX - NY,NY, - Nashville,TN
    I play it all. Whatever works for the gig
    I had a pair.. The bass was way too much for me... but if you love deep loud bass those are the ones to get... They sound huge on an Ipod.. if you dig reggae or dub... right on......and i will say that alone playing bass they sound real big... like the bass of a Lowrider stereo coming from down the block.. you can feel your head rattle with them..

I need a flatter sounding IEM with some character though.. I am using the Westone ES2s...
    If you did not like the UE you may be able to exchange them...
    The Westone UM2s are very nice too. I use the shure silicone inserts and they are fantastic.. http://www.earphonesolutions.com/wenewum2bldu.html with these insert give good isolation http://www.earphonesolutions.com/shpaflsl5paf.html