Just ordered a Warwick Double buck!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by reggaeman, Aug 12, 2005.

1. reggaeman

Jul 12, 2005
    In a transparent red finish. I am taking a bit of a risk ordering this because I have never played it... I have played the corvettes and although I like the style and feel I don't like the sound all that much... but I needed to relieve my GAS sooo bad. I've spent too many countless hours researching and reading reviews on every bass ever made :) Sometimes you have to say "WHAT THE FUDGE!"

Everything I played in the music store just didnt seem to cut it for me... then I found this bass! It has everything I could want in a bass. Passive HH, coil taps, swamp ash body. Looks great. Unf.

I didn't order from this website... but check out these pics:

I'll post pics and sound clips when I get it! :bassist:
  2. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico

Wawicks headstock are the best
  3. Congrats, thats an awesome looking bass. I came extremely close to getting the black transparent, until I played the Corvette. I couldnt get past the feel of the neck, like a baseball bat. So, I joined the Spector family instead, but the Warwicks sound and look incredible. I still secretly have a little Warwick gas, a little.
  4. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    i like this baseball bat type necks,for my taste is comfortable :bassist:
  5. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I wasnt too impressed with it as far as warwick goes when i played one but to each his own.
  6. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Good choice!

Back on topic; hey if ya like it, good for ya :). Hopefully you do :).

7. reggaeman

Jul 12, 2005
    I have big hands so I dont mind larger necks. One of the reasons I am getting a new bass is because I'm not the biggest fan of my Jazz neck. Single coil hum sucks too.

Hopefully this bass works out. I'm sure it will. I have a good feeling about it. I can't wait to get it :hyper:

How much do you think a 1999 Fender Jazz Std MIA in mint condition is worth? Black alder with a maple neck and maple fretboard. I'm still torn between keeping it and selling it... HMM.
  8. Andyattalkbass

Aug 11, 2005
    I've never played one either but I do like they way they look! Hope you get on with it well anyway mate! Congrats on the new bass :)!
  9. phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    The pickup combination looks really interesting. With an MM 'bucker at the true sweet spot and the neck humbucker you should be able to dial in some seriously fat sounds. Also, the Corvette is one of the few Warwick shapes that I like.
  10. RE:PEAT

Jun 24, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Here's a pic of my $$. With the ash body, it weighs 9.5 pounds, which I think is lighter than the standard Corvette. The pickup switching variations are nice to have. Good luck and enjoy.

Attached Files:

11. Although I may have badmouthed it before, after playing it through a good amp, I must say you've made the right choice. Congratulations. I'll be at your house to steal it before you know it. :D
  12. Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    That be one fine beauty... 'das fo' sho'! :)

I joined the Warwick club myself just this past Wednesday. I found a '99 Thumb-5 NT... flawless!... paid $1300 for it, and they even tossed-in a very nice gig bag.

It's kinda ironic, as I've been lusting over this axe ever since I first held one in my hands back in... you got it... 1999! I'm still in shock :hyper: , but the 'ol lady is p-o'd! She says I spend too much $$ on geetar thangs... :spit: She wants a new mattress! :p

Does anyone think I can convince her that I made an investment for our future? :rollno: Yeah... that's what I thought! :meh:
  13. CaM90

Dec 14, 2004
    I would get one if I had extra money for a new fiver, but I am really happy with my new Ibanez SR 905. I wish they made the double buck in a 6 string version.
  14. primus_55

Dec 28, 2004
    I will look forward to what you have to say about it!

Im deciding on a warwick...Either a double buck 5, vette standard 5 ash or bubinga 5/6.
  15. reggaeman

Jul 12, 2005

Yes... GAS is evil! I played the vette standard and I really really like it. Everyone raves about the Bongo but I did not find it to my liking. Its OK but nothing spectacular at all... and that painted neck is blah.

I went from the bongo to the warwick today at the music store. The warwick is much much more solid and just feels and sounds so much better to me.

The next 3-4 days are going to be agonizing waiting for this bass to arive :smug:
  16. RE:PEAT

Jun 24, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    I could see a mutual benefit in a new mattress. :D
  17. mlu

Jul 18, 2005
    Houston, Texas
    I could see the mutal benefit in a new bass. Better sound, better band, higher paying gigs, money to buy her a matress. its a win win situation :smug:
  18. Keeaumoku

Dec 29, 2004
    Yeah... you do, indeed, have a point. Breaking-in a new mattress does have its benefits... ;)

I played the Thumb today for the first time with my bandmates. I have a 10K sq.ft. warehouse where we practice, so volume is never an issue. I have an Ashdown ABM500RC Evo-II, and today I hooked it up to my Bergantino NV215. The sound of this instrument, going through this set-up at volume, is beautiful. My little guitar player loves the low B. I just need to slap some new strings on this baby, 'cuz the ones that are on it are definitely on the dull side. This will happen tomorrow... :)
  19. Daywalker

Apr 13, 2005
    So tell me, what do the different pickup modes do? I know that it's parallel, series, and single coil right? What's the difference?