1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Just ordered Bayou cable

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by mike biz, Mar 3, 2008.

1. I just ordered a Bayou cable from Butch. I can't believe how great a deal he gives on custom cables. I just ordered an 18 foot Canare GS-6 in orange with G&H Black/Gold plugs, one straight, one right angle.

This cable will replace the Monster (12') I bought at SA on Saturday. Cost me $39.95. When I got home I opened the package and plugged the Monster in and NOTHING!!! FAILED WITHOUT A SINGLE NOTE THROUGH IT. To say I was pissed would be an understatement. Looks like some really piss-poor quality control at Monster. I'll never use them again.

So, now I'm getting a custom cable in color with an additional 6 feet of length and it still cost me less than the Monster even with shipping added in. Go Butch. Can't wait to get this one.

2. arjune

arjune

Oct 8, 2006
    SF, CA
    You should get Monster to replace the one you have (Life time warranty?), and then just sell it on the classifieds here!

3. Yea monster and livewire cables have lifetime warrantys.

4. j.a.e.r.i.p

j.a.e.r.i.p

Apr 8, 2007
    to be fair you probably just got a dud, i've had only great experiences with monster cables.

5. Congrats for going with butch, damned fine quality!

6. GhettoBrassGuy

GhettoBrassGuy Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2002
    Simi Valley, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Mike Lull, Lakland, Aguilar, JH Audio
    All of my cables are Bayou...Butch makes great stuff!

7. joelb79

joelb79

Mar 22, 2006
    Lansing, Michigan
    +1 Butch is awesome. I'll order from him over any other cable anyday!

8. conan8

conan8

Dec 17, 2007
    Just recieved my Bayou Cable order. 18ft Canare GS6 in black with both straight Neutrik black/gold.
    very well made and happy with it.
    quality made is hard to find these days.

9. Sorry, but to be flat out blunt the answer to that is NO WAY! Sam Ash is going to refund me in full or someone will pay in blood. It's there problem to take up with Monster. Period. I'm also returning the amp combo I bought because I will never feel 100% about it after sticking the Montser to it. And suggesting that I probably just got a dud is a ridiculous statement. SA probably had over 50 Monster cables on the wall. What do you think the probablilty of me getting the ONLY DUD on the wall was? I have a feeling that if you went through all of them there would be more than one or two that were defective.

Now I know I didn't do ALL of my homework on this one, so I put my faith in some 18 year old kid working the counter. I had even saved Bayou's URL in my favorites to buy from them, but I wanted to play the bass that day. Typical American need to have instant gratification. So I learned a lesson. To be honest I'm surprised that anyone stocks Monster given the bigger than standard plugs.

I know that Monster has its fans, but I really wonder why after doing more research. They are grossly overpriced, the quality is suspect and they make a cable with plugs that are slightly bigger than standard which can damage input jacks. I don't get that at all. What is the point of that. I just hope the cable didn't screw up my bass.

So, why would I support Monster at all. Clearly a megacorp that doesn't give a damn about their clients. Now I know why they have that lifetime warranty. At $40 a pop it would take A LOT of replacements before they found themselves in the red.

I haven't even received Butch's cable yet, but I have NO DOUBT it will be spot on.

DOWN WITH MONSTER!!:spit:

10. my bayou cables are so well made that each time I look at them, I feel proud to live in the bayou state......

11. Shroom

Shroom

Dec 12, 2006
    Somebody had to get that dud. I haven't heard of this problem until you posted it here, so it can't be all that common. Also, returning your amp because of it is pretty ridiculous, and so is considering the possibility of damage to your bass done by the cable.

Monster cables work fine for me and everyone I know that uses em, so I guess you were just unlucky. Good luck with your custom cable though

12. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    I ordered some tubes from Butch. Great deal and he even threw some Creme Savers in as a thank you.

He is a one man operation and a great guy to deal with.

13. Yea, story of my life I guess. And I don't think that having concern about damage to the bass or amp is ridiculous as it is documented that Monsters have damaged jacks in the past. I paid good, hard-earned money for this gear and if I'm not going to rest easy that its not damaged then back they go.