1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

JUST SAW MANRING!

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by corrosivemind19, Oct 15, 2006.

1. I just got back from a Manring show at the Icehouse in Bethlehem Pa. So amazing. :smug:

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Cool, Man!

Did you talk to him? Which tunes did he play?

3. He was actually playing with John Gorka and my dad(mandolin). But I got both of their signatures!:)

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Cool- one of the best shows I've been to was a Manring/ Greg Howard solo show at a small restaurant in Ohio. I'm not into signatures, but I've got a couple pics of me and him that I still haven't developed :D Very nice guy.

5. Michael is one of my favorite guys to watch and chat with. Last time I saw him he did la sangre la familiada(sp?) amazing.

6. Blackbird

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    La Sagrada Familia, maybe?

7. Papersen

Papersen

Mar 22, 2002
    I´m sure he didn´t know how to spell it, but have you checked the printed name of that track in the original CD ?

8. exactly. thats what the sp? was for.

9. Blackbird

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    Not in a while, to be honest. Maybe I was thinking of another tune.

10. tappingtrance

tappingtrance Cooke Harvey

Jul 27, 2005
    What a nice, generous, great guy - one of my favorites as he continues to push/coax new sounds out of the bass - his compositions are totally original and when he plays with David Cullen or John Gorka he is totally supportive.

11. brusinow

brusinow

Dec 15, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    If anyone in the New England area is interested, Michael is going to be performing as well as teaching a number of master classes at the first annual New Hampshire Bass Fest which goes from June 20-23. Artistic Director and Berklee bass professor Jim Stinnett (my bass teacher) also has a number of other awesome musicians such as Steve Bailey and Seth Horan coming, so if anyone is interested I highly recommend checking it out at nhbassfest.com.

Brent

12. jazzbasser535

jazzbasser535

Feb 25, 2006
    I wish I would have gone, I live about 30 minutes away from the Icehouse.

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 22, 2021