K&K BassMax Jack

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by poof, Dec 14, 2005.

1. poof

Sep 28, 2004
    I'm not sure if this goes here or in the pickups section, but here goes.

I got a BassMax for my schools Kay plywood bass. I sanded down the bridge to make it fit, but the other end with the jack is too narrow to fit around two strings under the bridge as directed in the instructions - the strings are too far apart.

I'm assuming that I'm not supposed to squeeze the strings together to make them fit inside the jack contraption, so how do I work this out? Can I somehow lengthen the little plate that the jack is connected through?

I added a picture of the jack contraption thats supposed to fit around the A and D strings underneath the bridge. This is the thing thats too narrow to fit around the strings.

Attached Files:

2. Well, yes, that is what you do;- squeeze the strings together a little and as they spring apart the tension holds the plate in place.

How far apart are your strings? They should be about an inch apart on center at the top of the bridge and are usually a bit closer together on the TP. I've used the bassmax for a good while and it works well. It will pop off of the strings easily so it is a good idea to secure your cord (I use a 90 degree plug Monster Jazz Cable) to the tail piece with a velcro tie or tie it with the quiver laces. I've always thought that getting it off and on easily was an advantage. I waxed the rubber transducer covering with parafin to make it slip into the wing more easily. I only install it when I'm amped.