Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

K&K Update?

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by mikkejohansson, Mar 15, 2004.

1. I recently bought a Bass Max pickup from (All Hail!) Mr Gollihur. Unfortunately I've not been able to try it out properly (loving it so far) since the bass I've been borrowing needed repair and I don't want to mess with the one I have in the meantime.

The BM was well worth it's price even before I tried it out though, because of the nice dollar currency here in Sweden : )

My question now is; If I'd like to , in the future, update to say the Bass Master Pro system, could i use my existing Bass Max or do I need to get rid of it and get a whole new system? Probably wouldn't matter financially 'cause I'll probably get a good price for the BM if the dollar doesn't keep dropping, but just out of curiosity...

Could I?

2. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    All you need to do is purchase a Double Big Twin and the standard Two Channel Preamp. The only difference between that (including your current Bass Max) will be that you'll have two mono wires between the pickups and preamp rather than a single stereo cable.

3. Thank you, Bob!