Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Kasim Sulton Signature Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Fawkes007, Oct 9, 2005.

1. Fawkes007

Fawkes007

Sep 13, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    Pretty interesting...if you check out ksultonbass.com you can see how the bass evolved during the past year as Kasim took the prototype on the road and Archer made adjustments to it responding to Kasim's suggestions. A good read.

2. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    The whole read was pretty cool. But now I'm curious if the production model of the bass is out yet and if it's any good.

3. rhythm

rhythm

Dec 4, 2005
    Hey,

Been following this with interest, this bass looks and sounds incredible (I was fortunate enough to see Kas playing one at a Meat Loaf concert).

Can't wait till its released!

4. rhythm

rhythm

Dec 4, 2005
    Hiya,

Anyone got one of these yet? What's you're opinions?

TIA

5. -Sam-

-Sam-

Oct 5, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    I dont really know who this is but the logo on the site for "the new cars" who are on tour now is pretty much exactly the same as the logo for the new pixar movie "Cars"
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Now back to basses Sorry for that off topic:bag:

6. rhythm

rhythm

Dec 4, 2005
    That's quite strange, makes you wonder whether there's any connection.

7. Triclops

Triclops Guest

Jan 14, 2006
    hahaha! that petty funny...

8. rhythm

rhythm

Dec 4, 2005
    Anyone received their bass yet?

9. Fawkes007

Fawkes007

Sep 13, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    I saw The New Cars and Kas was of course playing his signature bass. As such, I'm curious about the production model as well.

For those of you who don't know who Kasim Sulton is, GET TO KNOW HIM. GREAT bass player and singer. Get Utopia's self titled CD from 1983. To me, it is their best album and showcases Kas' abilities very well.

10. BassManPatsFan

BassManPatsFan Supporting Member

Feb 20, 2004
    San Francisco
    Am I not the only one who saw "T 'n' A" highlighted in that The New Cars ad?
    -Alex

11. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    TNA, huh? Are The New Cars wrestling fans?

12. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    the logos hardly look anything alike.

13. rhythm

rhythm

Dec 4, 2005
    The logos must have changed, when they were first posted they looked almost identical.

Fawkes007, did you like the tone of his bass? I heard him playing one with Meat Loaf the other day, which he used for the first half of the concert, and it sounded and looked great.

14. Just to answer some questions about the Archer Kasim Sulton Bass guitar I have one made in 2007 it is number 1 of six limited edition Kasim Sulton Bass Guitars with his signature engraved on the back plate ,,this is finished in a silvery white colour it does what it says on the tin better than any Standard Fender Jazz I've played except for the Japanese made Fender Areodyne Jazz I have and in comparison they would be on Equal terms for Tone and playability ,, I can't comment on the newer V2 models just on the one I have ,, oh and yes it was expensive back in 2007 retailing at £1100 here in the UK hopefully there is 2 attached files of the guitar

Attached Files: