1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

KC Strings rubber stopper

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by jacochops, Apr 16, 2009.

1. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Bryan, TX
    Hey guys,
    I just got this in and put it on my pin. WHAT an improvement over my old stock tip! VERY meaty rubber tip. Feels like it is made to last. Hefty metal and LOTS of rubber. The shape makes it ideal for playing if you sit, and hold the bass at an angle. Seems to not want to slip on a varity of surfaces (linoleum, wood, etc). Fits a 10mm pin, although I believe they have them in different sizes.

Anyone else use these? Thoughts?

[​IMG]

2. Greg Clinkingbeard

Greg Clinkingbeard

Apr 4, 2005
    Kansas City area
    KC Strings
    Yep. Another bonus? The rubber tip will not come unscrewed like other tips. Dunno how they do it.

3. drurb

drurb Oracle, Ancient Order of Rass Hattur; Mem. #1, EPC

Apr 17, 2004
    I solved that one with a drop of Loctite.

4. jacochops

jacochops

Jul 2, 2000
    Bryan, TX
    You're right! I forgot about that point! It doesn't want to unscrew like the stock tip I had. It is a VERY nice tip, and seems to do everything that a tip should, which most tips DON'T.
    Veddy nice!

5. Greg Clinkingbeard

Greg Clinkingbeard

Apr 4, 2005
    Kansas City area
    KC Strings
    That's great if you NEVER want to take it off. Basses sound better with the steel digging into a nice wood floor. You should know that. :D

6. drurb

drurb Oracle, Ancient Order of Rass Hattur; Mem. #1, EPC

Apr 17, 2004
    Nope, you just use the removable Loctite-- the blue stuff. By the way, I virtually never am in a situation where I want to dig that steel into my or someone else's wood floor.