1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ken Burns Country Music

Discussion in 'Bluegrass [DB]' started by Steve Killingsworth, Sep 29, 2019.

1. I didn't miss an episode of this. Lots left out but still I thought it was a great documentary. If you didn't catch it during the broadcasts, it is streaming on PBS's website. It's worth the time to watch it.

mtto, John DeWitt, dan1952 and 3 others like this.
  2. 210superair

210superair

Sep 10, 2019
    All Ken's stuff is amazing, agreed. If you haven't seen his other work and you're a history buff, check it out.

3. Max George

Max George

Dec 27, 2015
    Lot of good videos of upright in the episodes.

210superair likes this.
  4. I mean, if you want to get to sleep quickly, sure. It is pretty universally recognized that he and Wynton butchered the jazz series.

5. 210superair

210superair

Sep 10, 2019
    I haven't seen that one, nor did I know it existed. I wouldn't expect something about jazz to keep one awake anyway though. Ohhhhhhhhhh come on jazz guys, I'm just kidding....lol.

The civil war piece is excellent. I'll look up the jazz one and check it out sometime.

Max George likes this.