1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ken Smith Burst Finishes!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by scubaduba, Mar 19, 2020.

1. scubaduba

scubaduba Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Dec 23, 2003
    Michigan
    Spotted this on the Smith Facebook page. Looks like the Brubaker connection is bringing some new direction.

ken burst.jpg

2. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone.

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    :drool:

3. caasi91

caasi91

Sep 18, 2009
    SF Bay
    They had transparent finishes in blue, black and red back in the late 80s that always caught my eye.

I asked Ken if that’s still a custom option and he said wood should just be wood.

At some point he also against single cut designs and said he wouldn’t do that to his basses but that changed as well.

Im guessing his son John and perhaps Brubaker are allowing for more flexibility in customizing.

How sweet would a short scale Smith be?

4. Ronen

Ronen

Feb 9, 2003
    Milky Way Galaxy
    I'm waiting for a light-weight chambered neck-through Smith bass. Never say never.

5. gwangi

gwangi

Jul 4, 2009
    Forbidden Valley
    Has anybody received a Ken Smith/Brubaker instrument yet and if so what are the thoughts on build quality and overall experience with ordering one?

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 13, 2021