1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Killing Ground Loop.. quick plug

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mr_Pleb_Mgoo, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Mr_Pleb_Mgoo

Mr_Pleb_Mgoo

Apr 20, 2010
    Just thought I'd chip in here guys... and I really do apologise if everyone knows this stuff already :p .

Recently I had problems with my rack unit giving out some tone-killing ground loop noise through the cab, which seriously depressed me consider the amount of money I poured into the new setup. I eventually figured out that a DI box with ground lift switch on it would fix the problem, great! Problem was in Australia you only ever bloody see $300-$400 DI boxes (inflated prices galore, like $3300 RRP for an Ibanez Prestige bass).

Thankfully found an awesome little box from Behringer (whom I usually avoid) that is just a simplified DI box with ground lift called the HD400. It's passive too which is a big plus.

These things are $50 AUD, and I've seen people the US saying theirs cost under $20 USD so yeah... just wanted to say if any of you blokes are having the same problem, these things work wonders, so happy with my tone now :)

PS. Anywhere new members can introduce themselves? Would like to post up my rig and say hello properly