1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Korg pitch black chromatic tuner opinions?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by musicman666, Jul 5, 2012.

1. musicman666

musicman666

Sep 11, 2011
    ca
    Hey everyone...did a search but nothing came up. Any one have one of these, does it work well with a 5 string bass, any comments on accuracy? I need to replace my Boss tu2 tuner. The Korg is cheaper but that not really an issue with me. What do yall think?
    Thanks!

2. sKyLiNe505

sKyLiNe505

Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    I own one, its really good. I have a five string bass and is accurate.

3. ics1974

ics1974

Apr 13, 2012
    I am looking into this tuner as well. I have a perfectly working TU-3 tuner but it sucks tone so I hate it.

4. GoesThump

GoesThump

Jul 13, 2007
    While I don't have a 5er, I did replace my TU-2 w/a Pitchblack. I think it is definitely a better tuner on the whole.

GT

5. musicman666

musicman666

Sep 11, 2011
    ca
    Hey ics1974...I have not noticed any tone suck with my TU2 when it was functioning...then again I am playing at high volume when on stage. When at home practicing I do not use it in line with my amp. I really liked the Boss but this is my third one..lol. Think I should try something else.

6. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    I love my Pitchblack. Going on about 4 years with it and never a single problem. It's accurate enough that I even use it to set my intonation. Battery lasts forever, it's super durable and there have only been a couple times I've had problems seeing it onstage and those were outdoor gigs in full sunlight.

Bottom line, would highly recommend.

7. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 We brake for nobody Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    None
    They just released the PitchBlack Poly, same price and a lot faster tuning.

8. stingray56funk

stingray56funk Supporting Member

Feb 16, 2005
    Atlanta
    Pitchblack is the way to go, imo. Very accurate for live tuning and has never given me any issues.

9. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    The only downside to the Pitchblack is the true bypass, you can't check your tuning while you play. Not a problem for me, I'd rather deal with that than tone suck.

10. Jeffrey Wash

Jeffrey Wash Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2011
    Santa Cruz
    2 years now with my Pitch Black, still my favorite pedal tuner.

11. BassChuck

BassChuck Supporting Member

Nov 15, 2005
    Cincinnati
    2 years using one and no problems. I do a lot of pit orchestra work and being able to totally cut the signal is a cool thing. Built like a tank. A great product.

12. I love mine. It's easy to read on a dark stage and it is accurate. You may struggle to read the face when it's in bright sunlight but that will happen to any led light.

13. 50hz

50hz

May 13, 2012
    Kirtland, Ohio
    love mine! never a problem! soooo much better then the boss ( sold mine)

14. 50hz

50hz

May 13, 2012
    Kirtland, Ohio
    sold the boss tu that is....

15. lowfreq33

lowfreq33

Jan 27, 2010
    Nashville
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amplification
    I've seen a few guys make a cardboard hood for the back and sides to block the glare on outdoor gigs.