1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Korg ToneWorks AX3000B... thoughts?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by intregus, Dec 9, 2006.

1. intregus

intregus

Dec 4, 2006
    These sure look like a nice unit. I like that it comes with sound editing software, and it looks like it could take a beating, but how does it compare to the Line6?

2. And how does it compare to the Zoom B2.1u?

I'm in search for a good multi fx pedal (for cheap :p)

3. intregus

intregus

Dec 4, 2006
    I'm looking more at the pro quality pedals. I already have a small Zoom, and they're great, but the pro grade units are usually metal, have heavy duty expression pedals, and some way to edit effect programs on a computer. And BTW, the Korg is only $10 more than the Zoom B2.1u.

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/BassPODxtLive/

http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/AX3000B/

4. Assumer

Assumer

Mar 26, 2003
    Arkansas
    I was looking at the Korg also. Something to use direct in some playing situations. Last week two acoustic guitar players with pedals stright into the board, and a small sound system. Volume was low and I would have loved just plugging in.

5. CraigG

CraigG

Mar 14, 2006
    Mechanicsburg, PA

For the record, the B2.1u is also metal. It's a very rugged pedal and the size is very portable. My biggest complaint is that the LED can be difficult to see under bright stage or sun light.

I haven't tried the AX3000 but would have a few concerns. I had a Digitech GNX3 for guitar previously. One thing I didn't like with it was the size of the footswitches. Unless you're really precise with your toes you can run into problems accidentally hitting the wrong or multiple switches (it happened to me once and it tends to be somewhat embarrassing in front of an audience). The AX3000's footswitches look rather close together. Also, I didn't see any mention of the AX3000 having a DI. That's one feature on the Zoom B2.1u that I have found really nice - it's great to be able to not always have to take my bass rig with me when I'm going to a venue where I can run direct to the sound system and have my feed folded back to me in the monitors.

6. beggar98

beggar98

Jan 23, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    IMO, best feature of this unit is the effects loop, so you can run stomp boxes with your multi-effect. I haven't heard it at all yet, so I don't know how it sounds, but I wish my BP-8 had an effects loop. Hopefully Boss will add that to whatever comes after the gt-6b.