1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Krivo first impressions

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by raskalnickoff, Sep 30, 2019.

1. raskalnickoff

raskalnickoff

Jul 30, 2017
    I have been looking around for over a year and finally decided to buy one of these. It arrived yesterday, on time. The form factor was not quite the same as my fretboard (being symmetrical and thinner). I had no problem with the special tape. My previous setup was P-bass innards attached with Lego and double sided tape (which came unstuck at least once a year). I left the tape to rest overnight for the glue to set nicely.

Had a bit of a play this morning. The first place I attached the Krivo seemed balanced between the 4 strings and I could easily tune. Played a couple of songs and minigames on Rocksmith and it worked flawlessly, never complaining to be too loud or soft and identifying notes with ease. (also tried my bow which seemed ok but I have never learnt properly)
    Tried to get some feedback through my amp and could not.
    All in all work exactly as I hoped, looks neater than Lego and should last much longer.

I didn't find have a photo of my Lego pickup on my bass. The control were hidden & held behind the fretboard with picture frame tape, and the pickups hung down on an angle with tape & string and the lego man spaced them appart with some bluetack. It worked fine but fell off occasionally and my wife did not approve.

Attached Files:

2. Thinman63

Thinman63

Aug 24, 2009
    Purchased one earlier this year. Works flawlessly. Feedback issues are rare, if any. Really a great product.

3. Keithunem

Keithunem

Jun 17, 2018
    Bemidji, MN
    I have a Krivo and a Yamahiko on my Upton Bohemian. I love the sound of both and mix them through my Grace Felix. However, the more I play and record, the more I’m impressed by the Krivo. Obviously it makes sense in loud rooms for anti-feedback, but even in some quite settings I find myself relying on the Krivo. I just did a live radio show and got many compliments on my tone (my playing, not so much) and realized later I was on the Krivo only. Just for the record, I really like the natural thump, etc of the Yamahiko but I am blown away by how natural, tight, dynamic, and organic this Krivo sounds! PS:Shout out also to Jim Bergantino for making some really nice sounding amps and speakers also!

marcox likes this.