Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by boofis, Jun 7, 2004.

1. Hey
    Can everyone post pictures of Kubickis they like/own cos I LOVE THEM but I haven't found any in Australia. :smug:
  2. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    i love showing mine off, great basses to!

flame honduras mahogany, flame maple stripes, ebony center and board.
  3. hippiesandwich

Aug 29, 2003
    San Jose
    Affiliated with Looperlative Audio Products
  4. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    Anyone ever played a fretless model??
  5. Heres mine, found right here in aus :smug: but i spose stu hamm had to use it on tour to get it here :p (damn im a prick) but i emailed phil the other day and i can get a custom fretless ex-factor in the same color (bahama green) for the price of a normal ex-factor $2800 us

But for some reason he wont do an exfactor like this for me :bawl:
  6. A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    Sorry no pix because the digital camera isn't here at the moment, but I have a red/black Kubicki which I found in Australia. the seller told me he'd had it on sale for quite some time (and had trouble getting any interest at all) before I made my offer. It's in excellent condition and cost very, very little for the quality of the instrument.
  7. How much did you pay for yours dharma?
    i was shocked at the price on mine, $2000aus i had the choice of that or a fender american deluxe jazz for the same price....and i stand behind my decision
  8. A9X

Dec 27, 2003
    Sinny, Oztraya
    About 60% of what you did......:D

I agree 100%. No decision needed there.

PS: I like the colour scheme on that Strat you linked above.
  9. Bassone

Bassone Guest

Jun 8, 2004
    Australia, Sydney
    mm i luv my classic bass
    how the f*** do i add a pic sorry i aint noob... :S
  10. Was yours a fenderised kubicki dharma?

STRAT? That is no strat my friend, that is an ibanez steve vai jem! nothing like a STRAT!!!, although i just emailed phil and he's not interested in doing an ex-factor like that :bawl:
  11. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    My 1988 low mileage Kubicki with the rest of the family.
  12. nice red, Fire engine red..lol...hows the ns eub go?
    what gets the most play?
  13. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    I try to give each of the family equal time. The Kramer bass on the left just came home yesterday after having the fretless neck replaced. In the late 80's tried the jaco thing and pulled the frets out. Needless to say the neck was in bad shape. So that bass will get the most attention for a while. The local builder did a great job. It was a 5 string neck but he shaved the neck down to a 4 and added maple for the fret markers. It feels like butter and sounds great.

The Marcus Miller arrived over the winter so that has been the main bass for a while now. I love the EUB.

As for the Kubicki it has not seen much playing. I bought it in 89. Stopped playing shortly after so it had very little mileage between about 91 and now. I am considering selling it but it would be hard to part with.
  14. how can you sell the kubicki, but i spose with a ns eub, that would probably explain it..lol,.....how much would you consider letting the kubicki go for? :D , i want a seccond kubicki and have a fretted and fretless neck for it....have you ever taken the neck off? it doesnt even screw into the wood, the neck has threaded metal thingy for just that reason so you can switch necks whenever, so you can change it from fretted and fretless factor and ex-factor