1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

La Bella deep talking strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by clive shakedown, Dec 22, 2016.

1. clive shakedown

clive shakedown

Dec 6, 2013
    U.K.
    Probably a stupid question, just got my first set of la Bella strings and they have like plastic cubes with numbers on at the end. Do I fit them like that or somehow take these "dice" things off.
    I have only ever used rotos before and can't get any info from the web. Thanks.

2. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    Take them off... They are there to show what each string is as these do not have string envelopes.

ProfileBass likes this.
  3. clive shakedown

clive shakedown

Dec 6, 2013
    U.K.
    thanks very much, I thought it had to be, but there is not one thing on the net about the dice numbers, so just had to ask the question to be sure. I shall wear the Stupid Hat.

4. SLaPiNFuNK

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    You are not the first...

I have some very entertaining photos...

5. Thuddy Waters

Thuddy Waters

Mar 20, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Please post them. Please!!!

6. SLaPiNFuNK

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    Can't. Instruments are unfortunately not generic

7. Thuddy Waters

Thuddy Waters

Mar 20, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    Meaning that we would be able to identify the owner of the bass just by the picture of the bass?

8. SLaPiNFuNK

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    Possibly yes.

I respect my customers privacy.

9. Thuddy Waters

Thuddy Waters

Mar 20, 2015
    Phoenix, AZ
    That's what I figured--Bootsy was having difficulty stringing up his star bass.

10. MasterMonkeyMan

MasterMonkeyMan Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2009
    And probably wont be the last!!!! I came here looking with same question. Nylon string guitar players offset use similar looking string tie blocks so..............

11. Kerberos

Kerberos

Dec 10, 2017
    Hi....Just joined the this site, and I had the same question, so it's not such a dumb question. I never used LaBella Strings, so never saw this before. So thanks for the great info SlapInPunk. I have a Short Scale Ibanez, put the first LaBella String on. If it sounds as good as it feels, they have a customer for life.