1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Lace pickups?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by ellefsonwannabe, Jan 28, 2013.

1. ellefsonwannabe

ellefsonwannabe

Nov 12, 2012
    ohio
    I have 3 basses right now: a Fender Precision with DiMarzio Pickups, a Jackson JS2 with stock pickups, and a newly acquired Jackson Professional Kelly bass with stock pickups. I've been hoping to replace the stock Jackson pickups with some other passive, high output pickups, and I ran across Lace Alumitone Bass bar, Aluma-P and Aluma-J pickups which would fill all the pickup needs I have right now. However, all I know I learned from Youtube and the Lace site itself. Does anyone out there have Lace pickups in their bass? How do they sound? Any problems? How do they handle distortion?:bassist: Please halp!

2. Lace makes good stuff. Their "Sensors" are some of my fav guitar pickups, and I think they sound beautiful. I see no reason why their bass pickups would be any different. Just my $0.02

--Silvie