1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Lakland skyline Bob Glaub 5 value??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by HolyCityBassist, Dec 5, 2018.

1. I have the opportunity to by a skyline Bob Glaub 5 from one of my favorite bassist and am curious on the current value of this discontinued bass. Is a vintage burst, lakland skyline bg5. Can’t find any recent sales on reverb, here, or eBay. I love these basses and have seen a few 4 strings sell for $7-800 and am just curious what these 5 strings are worth since they’ve been discontinued

2. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone. Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    I would estimate that a used 5-string is worth about $50-70 more than the 4-string version.

3. I figured that. But all the sales I’ve found in here in the 7-800 price range were years ago before they were discontinued. He’s asking $900 and I’m just not sure if that’s too much considering they sold new for just a little more than that

4. Slater

Slater Leave that thing alone. Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    When a price is negotiable, like all things and not just basses, you have to decide how much it’s worth to you. Personally, I figure a used instrument is worth about 70% of the new street price. After that, it depends on the condition and other intangibles of the specific instrument.