1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Late NPD! 1971 P Bass Pickup

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Bass4ThePublic, Dec 27, 2020.

1. Bass4ThePublic

Bass4ThePublic Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2019
    Kansas City
    Hello, a couple weeks ago, I bought these 71 p pickups for a sweet deal from a TB'er in the classifieds. I'm blown away by the tone here. I installed them in my MIM P, and the instrument came alive! I have sound demos, of course. Strings are couple month old Rotosound Swing Bass stainless steels. Signal chain is Bass -> Seymour Duncan Studio Compressor -> IRIG -> Garageband straight DI
    Demos:
    War Pigs- Black Sabbath with 1971 Pickup

Original Riff With 1971 Pickup

Original Riff with Aguilar 60's P bass pickup for comparison

The Pup in the bass
    upload_2020-12-27_22-0-11.png
    The date on the pup indicating 1971
    upload_2020-12-27_22-2-29.png

TC.65 and ric4682 like this.
  2. Bass4ThePublic

Bass4ThePublic Supporting Member

Jan 27, 2019
    Kansas City
    Have a set of GHS Precision Flats on the way and a TUSQ nut, will report back with demos once those are installed

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021