Le Bass or LR Baggs Stadium DI?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by NorthTexasBass, Oct 29, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Le Bass

2 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Stadium DI

1 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. NorthTexasBass

NorthTexasBass Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Dallas / Fort Worth
    Looking for a one pedal solution that I can use to have a easy transition between clean and dirty sounds. I recently purchased a Trace Elliot Transit B, but I don't like the fact I have to tweak 2 or 3 knobs every time I switch sounds to keep the volume somewhat consistent.

I really like the simplicity of the Stadium DI, and the fact that the LeBass has separate volumes for each channel.

Has anyone who has used these noticed any major volume or tweaking issues when using different tones?

2. NorthTexasBass

NorthTexasBass Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2011
    Dallas / Fort Worth
    Bump. Anyone have experience with these pedals?

3. The stadium is a staple on my board. It’s on 80% of the time for me. Compressor/eq is good, growl and attack are pure magic. My only complaint is that the distortion isn’t foot switchable. I have not tried the le bass.

St_G and DownWithTheDown like this.
  4. chadhargis

chadhargis Jack of all grooves, master of none Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    I have the Le Bass but haven't use the Stadium DI.

I did a big preamp comparison thread on here and I tried many different ones. Ultimately I chose the Le Bass for a few reasons:

1. It sounds great
    2. It has an effects loop
    3. It is true multi channel with two volume controls
    4. It is able to receive and send MIDI commands (hugely awesome!! Especially when paired with my Torpedo CAB and Eventide H9 controlled by a Source Audio Soleman)
    5. Doesn't duplicate other things I already have (compressor, effects, etc.)

DownWithTheDown likes this.