1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

le cygne?

Discussion in 'Orchestral Technique [DB]' started by jimmyduded, Mar 5, 2008.

1. jimmyduded

jimmyduded

Jun 12, 2007
    cherry hill nj
    ive been playing for about 5 or 6 months, ive been thinking about buying le cygne(the swan in french) if i can find it, do you guys think its too advanced for me right now? i practice about 30 minutes a day, also if you have a copy lying around youd like to sell, drop me a pm

2. Filhup Hollydae

Filhup Hollydae Banned

Jan 20, 2008
    The stage
    yo homes, swan is a feminine word in French so it would be la cygne. Its a beautiful piece but as a somewhat beginning player maybe you should just stick to the elephant.

3. That's a really difficult piece, I don't think 30 minutes a night will cut it. I play about 3-4 hours depending on the day and I wouldn't touch it yet. But I thought the same thing about the Koussevitzky Concerto and I'm slowly working through it.

4. Sorry, but you're wrong.

It's le cygne.

5. There is a version of The Swan in the bass version of Solo Time for Strings BK. 4 by Etling. It is transcribed for bass and, like all of the selections in the book, will help with playing in positions, especially on A and D.

6. jimmyduded

jimmyduded

Jun 12, 2007
    cherry hill nj
    ive managed to tackle about a minute of it by ear, i think i going to pick up that book and atleast give it a try, couldnt hurt to challenge myself