1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Learned something about active pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by QORC, Mar 7, 2005.

1. QORC

QORC SUSPENDED

Aug 22, 2003
    East Coast
    I hadn't owned an active pickup bass until I bought a Spector Rebop 5 in december.

Don't leave it plugged in when you've stopped practicing.

I didn't realize it run down the battery. Took it out for a gig a couple of weeks ago, during the first song of a 3 song medley, the sound started to cut out. I panicked. Connection? My wireless?

No the battery was dead. And I really needed a 5 string that set. Took the sound guy 3 songs to get the battery changed. Not good.

valuable lesson learned. What a dufus!

2. Yep, a lesson well learned.

It is, of course, the same situation if you leave a battery driven pedal with an instrument lead plugged in. Bad news if you aren't expecting it - particularly at a gig. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

3. ireidt

ireidt

Mar 6, 2005
    Florida
    lol yea, true about both of those thigns, the acoutic guitarist in one of the bands I play in uses effect pedals in the songs ( payes a 12 string acoustc electric ) and one of them can die and the sound will stillc ome out, the other one dies ( which is the one that did ) and no sound, good thing it was the last song... :p