1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Learning Babbit and Felder

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by JeffC, Aug 23, 2007.

1. JeffC

JeffC

Mar 8, 2007
    I've been playing bass for around 6 months now but it has been in the last couple that I have really pushed myself...blisters and all. :bassist:

I want to learn some more complex basslines and figured I start with some classics. I want to learn both "signed, sealed, delivered" and "Want you back".

Which of these two would be most beneficial to start with. from listening to both songs and watching videos on youtube, I think that "signed, sealed, delivered" may be a bit easier to play.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

2. DocBop

DocBop

Feb 22, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Get the book Standing In The Shadows of Motown a lot of great Jamerson lines from that era and a great bass education.

3. cowsgomoo

cowsgomoo gone to Longstanton Spice Museum

Feb 8, 2003
    UK
    learn them both!

i've got 'SSD' on my site (link below) if that'll help you

4. JeffC

JeffC

Mar 8, 2007
    Thanks cows, I'll take a look. I plan on learning both...just trying to start with the "easier" one, but I guess that is subjective.

Oh, and Doc, thanks for the book recommendation, I went and checked the big nearby bookstore on my lunch and they had it so I picked it up. Can't wait to get into it. I'm heading to the cottage this weekend so I'll probably plow through it.